Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guerrero, Trout or Bradley are the only way floyd gets credibility!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    floyd is a ww moving up. again this is the 3rd time ytou've responded and haven't answered the question. can you do so now?
    But that's a lie. Floyd is not a welterweight moving up. In fact his last fight was a title fight at 154.

But to answer your question, most champions have proven their worth. So usually we don't end up with a champion that's done absolutely nothing, (like ginger). Therefore I'd say no.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
      Hearns may have had to wait 2 years but look at who both fighters fought in the meantime. Come on now we waited 3 years for PBF vs Manny to never happen while both fought fighters who couldn't really hold their jock straps!! At the sametime the both broke banks each time they fought and checks got cut.

No back then the best fights were shown on closed circuit TV.

Back then you think Don King would have offered Ali 5mill to fight Sam Peter?
      Agree and thats my point. Pre Tyson fights sold. Post Tyson fighters sold. In the PPV era, TYson, ODH, and now floyd could fight literally a corpse and do 1 mil ppv's. Thats whats skewing things tremendously.

Again look at SRL, he gave Duran a fight and an immediate rematch with no wait because he knew he'd bat him easily. He made Hearns wait 8 years for a rematch. Of course we know how he did Hagler.

So its just not floyd and manny. This kinda stuff has happened for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
        Tho Bradley loss to Manny he's the only guys besides Marquez in recent years to be any what competitive with Manny.

Cotto was the #2 ranked 154er and Trout beat him. This fight makes the most sense to me and would be a sweet fight!

Guerrero is coming off a top 5 win over Berto. Even if was coming off a 15 month lay-off he's still credible.

But most likely Floyd fights and gets no credibility by fighting paper champ Alvarez who has never beat a top 10 fighter just fights junior and regular welterweights or past prime fighters and struggling with Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          But that's a lie. Floyd is not a welterweight moving up. In fact his last fight was a title fight at 154.

But to answer your question, most champions have proven their worth. So usually we don't end up with a champion that's done absolutely nothing, (like ginger). Therefore I'd say no.
          SO he has been at 154 since he fought ODH? Man why do you do this kind of crap some days? You try to reword the question to avoid the obvious. funny.

The answer is no, never in the history of boxing has anyone ever suggested the larger fighter needs to gain credibility when facing a smaller fighter moving up in weight.

Yet this is what you and others are asking now. How does a reasonable person not attribute this to anything other than hating floyd..

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn
            Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushbaby

That's what you get from this tread huh?? What ts said is the truth. The Ghost, Bradley & Trout provides the most credibility. far more than ginger. You know it too, you've said as much.

no I've said I prefer fights other than canelo. but this is ridiculous. If any other non HWT went up to the next weight class and fought anyone it wouldn't be slammed like this.

We get it. You want to see floyd lose and you don't think canelo can do it. So the best way to criticize it it say well Canelo hasn't earned a fight with floyd.

Unless I am mistaken, never in boxing has anyone ever said the larger fighter had to earn a fight with a smaller guy coming up.

The fact that a man widely regarded as the best p4p boxer in the world has to earn "credibility" from posters on NSB is ******ed.
            lmao Floyd is a champ at 154 dummy he beat a more credible champion in Cotto. At least Yuri Foreman was a legit 154er when cotton beat him. Alvarez hasn't fought one yet!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

SO he has been at 154 since he fought ODH? Man why do you do this kind of crap some days? You try to reword the question to avoid the obvious. funny.

The answer is no, never in the history of boxing has anyone ever suggested the larger fighter needs to gain credibility when facing a smaller fighter moving up in weight.

Yet this is what you and others are asking now. How does a reasonable person not attribute this to anything other than hating floyd..
              No, see the reasonable person knows that you can't change the facts. The fact is Floyd is not moving up in weight. The facts are also that ginger has in fact been protected & hasn't done anything at 154 to be taken seriously over.

I'm not changing words, you're twisting facts & making stupid comparisons, like always. That's what you do. Read through this tread, no one agrees with you. Why?? cause you ain't making no sense.

You're in this tread trying to compare Srl to Floyd, Trout to Hearns & ginger to Duran, who the hell does that?? Outside of a biased Floyd fan??

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                lmao Floyd is a champ at 154 dummy he beat a more credible champion in Cotto. At least Yuri Foreman was a legit 154er when cotton beat him. Alvarez hasn't fought one yet!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                when he beat ODH, for the same title, was he a JMW?

when roy beat ruiz was he a heavyweight or was he a heavyweight champion? see the difference?

Comment

Agree and thats my point. Pre Tyson fights sold. Post Tyson fighters sold. In the PPV era, TYson, ODH, and now floyd could fight literally a corpse and do 1 mil ppv's. Thats whats skewing things tremendously.

Again look at SRL, he gave Duran a fight and an immediate rematch with no wait because he knew he'd bat him easily. He made Hearns wait 8 years for a rematch. Of course we know how he did Hagler.

So its just not floyd and manny. This kinda stuff has happened for a long time.
                  I never said it has never happened and I am not really blaming PBF and Manny but I can criticize them for those decisions. It was a learned moved that both have taken to all-time new heights!!! I was really referring to pre-Tyson fights. Which why I said what I said.

Just to answer your question even though he wasn't really questioned I felt he should have been but John Ruiz was larger than Roy Jones and didn't really have credibility and needed some before that fight IMO. But its the same with PBF now people either so loved or hated ROY and PBF now that all they have to do is fight the bigger guy doesn't really matter the quality of the bigger guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    No, see the reasonable person knows that you can't change the facts. The fact is Floyd is not moving up in weight. The facts are also that ginger has in fact been protected & hasn't done anything at 154 to be taken seriously over.

I'm not changing words, you're twisting facts & making stupid comparisons, like always. That's what you do. Read through this tread, no one agrees with you. Why?? cause you ain't making no sense.

You're in this tread trying to compare Srl to Floyd, Trout to Hearns & ginger to Duran, who the hell does that?? Outside of a biased Floyd fan??
                    tredh answered the question. he clearly didn't think a comparison like that was being made. again, you are pretending to believe that because there is nothing avaialble for you to refute the point that never in history has the larger fighter had to gain credibility to fight a smaller fighter moving up.

the only reason you wont admit floyd is a ww who just happened to win the JMW title 2 times, both in cash driven circumstances, is because it kills your whole argument.

Comment

tredh answered the question. he clearly didn't think a comparison like that was being made. again, you are pretending to believe that because there is nothing avaialble for you to refute the point that never in history has the larger fighter had to gain credibility to fight a smaller fighter moving up.

the only reason you wont admit floyd is a ww who just happened to win the JMW title 2 times, both in cash driven circumstances, is because it kills your whole argument.
                      Furthermore, even the Jones/Ruiz comparison is stupid. Roy fought at heavyweight 1 time & never returned. Floyd fought at 154 twice & wants to fight ginger there, see the difference??

Comment

Working...
                      X