No announcement yet.

Donaire: "Rigo priced himself out" [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    They brought belts for less money (for themselves) than what Rigo is probably asking for.

Guess how much Nishioka is getting paid by HBO.

Do you think Rigo will take the Donaire fight for 100k? The difference between Nishioka and Rigo is that Nishioka brings a ton of Japanese money so he doesn't have to ask HBO for so much.

They share the same promoter. Bob Arum brings Donaire offers for different fighters and he chooses the one that will makes the most sense. He never ruled out Rigo. I don't understand what exactly you're getting at.
    I like how you conveniently left this part out:
    (but a lot more with Japanese TV)

You really think Nishioka is stupid enough to come fight for 100K? Why would Donaire choose Rigo over Nishioka? Since he supposedly wanted Nishioka the whole time and he's "supposed" to be the best at 122. You people are too gullible. Why is Donaire mentioning Rigo now when he's just about to fight? Why didn't he mention this when he was looking for an opponent?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      Rigo and Lara both been begging for fights and saying they would fight for peanuts. Rigo was just about to fight for 100K before Hyde threw a fit.
      The sad part is that as talented as Rigo and Lara are, they've been fighting for peanuts up to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
        they're more accomplished than rigo's 11-0 ass, thats for sure...lol
        Mathebula definitely is.

He's an underrated fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
          I think Donaire will lose to nishioka
          Wow. Bold prediction.

But on topic, Rigo signed an extention with Top Rank so I think Arum promised Rigo a shot at Donaire. Its an in house fight, Arum keeps 100% of the profits and its a fight the fans want to see. It has to happen. Ring Magazine did an online poll and Rigo was the guy the voters wanted to see Donaire in the ring with.

It will do better numbers than Mathebula, Vasquez Jr. and Nishioka I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            I like how you conveniently left this part out:
            (but a lot more with Japanese TV)
            You really think Nishioka is stupid enough to come fight for 100K?
            What the hell are you talking about? It's right in the my quote. I even talk about it.

Why is Donaire mentioning Rigo now when he's just about to fight? Why didn't he mention this when he was looking for an opponent?
            He DID mention it. There was a thread in boxingscene. You posted in it.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
              they're more accomplished than rigo's 11-0 ass, thats for sure...lol
              Why? Because they've fought in the division longer, yet against similar opposition with the exception of a single fight?

You think Vasquez and Mathebula can beat Rigo?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                What the hell are you talking about? It's right in the my quote. I even talk about it.

He DID mention it. There was a thread in boxingscene. You posted in it.
                Why you trying to play dumb? You tried to make it seem like he's only fighting for 100K.

"Guess how much he's fighting for?"

There was a thread of Donaire mentioning that Rigo priced himself out and I posted in it? Id love to see that too. Still waiting for danceswithfire to find my quote of saying Donaire is ducking Nishioka.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Ring Magazine did an online poll and Rigo was the guy the voters wanted to see Donaire in the ring with.
                  But does Donaire want to see Donaire in the ring with Rigo?

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                    The sad part is that as talented as Rigo and Lara are, they've been fighting for peanuts up to this point.
                    if rigo thinks 150 k is peanuts then it's beliveable he did price himself out...montiel only made 300k againts nonito and has been in the game for a long time..rigo has 11 fights for f0kk sake

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                      Why? Because they've fought in the division longer, yet against similar opposition with the exception of a single fight?

You think Vasquez and Mathebula can beat Rigo?
                      Idk wtf he's talking about. Vazquez done ZERO @ 122. Vazquez doesn't even have an amateur background so you can't say he's accomplished there. And what has Mathebula done? "Arguably" beat Caballero? I believe Cordoba beat Caballero...

Comment

Working...
                      X