Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's legacy stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
    Im getting "mauled" in an arugment? lol. No, your just getting a floyd boner every time someone replies to my post, or vice versa, and your own little floyd see through glasses, you think im getting mauled. You Floyd huggers never dissapoint. And You were saying how you knew I was full of crap when I mentioned how Floyd was ducking Pacquiao, thats where you mentioned Pacquiao you floyd fan boy.
    What kind of babbling bullshit is this~

I still want to hear you explain why Robinson did not want to fight Charley Burley if he was straight He-Man in the ring, and how isn't that worse.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
      Name one? lol I could name a lengthy list of fighters who not only have a far greater resume than Floyd but would have beat him head to head.
      In your opinion.......how can it be fact without them fighting?
      You could name 100 fighters and i would say the same thing.

Floyd has a chance to beat all of them.
      But we will never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
        He has a good case at Super Featherweight. Personally I feel Arguello had a better resume at 130, but Floyd actually provides a terrible stylistic match-up for Arguello, so there's a degree of parity.
        I pretty much agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
          Floyd's name alone can carry a PPV, you sound stupid, and sound like your defending Floyd at any cost. He cherry picks, plain and simple.
          I'm still waiting on you to name these so called elite fighters that Floyd is ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
            Margarito was put in to orbit by Mosley.
            The same Mosely who couldn't finish Floyd.

Frazier put Ali on his butt.
            Robinson been down before.
            Your not making your point.........I'm waiting

Delahoya landed that left hook and Floyd didn't go anywhere.
            Thats a bad example.
            Holy damn, this post just clearly shows you will defend your man crush Floyd at any costs. AT ANY COSTS. Margarito has been through so many wars before the Mosley fight, eventually he was going down. You just used JOE FUGGIN FRAZIER putting Ali down as an excuse!!!! He hit Ali with the best punch in his arsenal, clean to the chin, that would put most fighters in the morgue, and Ali got right back up, thats an uber elite chin. Robinson also had a billion fights, and fought the toughest out there, im waiting. There wasnt enough time left in the fight to capitilze on that punch. Floyd exchanged with Hoya at the last second to give the illusion that the fight was exciting. Put a killer like Ray Rob or Leonard in that same situation and Floyd's getting put on his butt.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              So you have a time machine or crystal ball to know with certainty~

Should replace the word would with could~ big difference.

I can make the exact same list opposite yours and not be wrong because it would be completely opinion based~
              Obviously it's opinion based that goes without saying I chose those words because I would be extremely confident of those fighters beating Floyd in there primes.

We don't know how well Floyd would have faired against the best in his era let alone the best ATG fighters.

Comment

When you have to say Floyd was hurt by Dlh, at the end of their fight, and blow up Margaritos chin as special, I like your chances of arguing with Timbo, lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                  Obviously it's opinion based that goes without saying I chose those words because I would be extremely confident of those fighters beating Floyd in there primes.

We don't know how well Floyd would have faired against the best in his era let alone the best ATG fighters.
                  See that last sentence told me all i needed to know about you.
                  You are just another Floyd hater.

Floyd has beat the best in his era.
                  Name these (so called best fighters of Floyds era) that he ducked.

Please don't name the Top Rank Fighters like Pac, clottey,Margarito.
                  We all should know by now why those fights really didn't happen.

You can't blame floyd and only Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
                    I'm still waiting on you to name these so called elite fighters that Floyd is ducking.
                    How are you still waiting, when you havent even asked me that question??? SMH. But here it is, prime Cotto, when the money and timing was at its all time peak, prime Paul Williams, prime Maragrito, still game Shane Msoley, Kermit Cintron, not fight Hatton at 147, fight Marquez at 140, Joel Casamayor (although many believe casamayor was ducking Floyd). Even a guy like Luis Callazo would've been a good fight. Not retire from boxing when the WW division was hot. Comes back and fights a blown up Marquez and still doesnt make weight. Come on son. Fights Gatti as his first 140 lb. fight? Fights Baldomir, because he was the lineal??? Man please, thats like Hopkins ducking Dawson/Pascal/Tarver because that one bum I cant name was the lineal champ at LHW.

Comment

• Generally speaking the only people who think Floyd is anywhere near being the GOAT or even a top 10/20 ATG are casual fans or very new to the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X