Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many days a week do you go to the gym?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 days a week. sometimes six. sometimes seven. sparring every night.
    usually goes
    skip, shadowbox, spar, bags. i have to start doing pushups weights chinups and situps again. 2 hours during the week, 3-4 on friday, 4 if i hit saturday, 2 on sundays if i hit. run every morning. run some nights.

Comment

just had to bring this thread back up again. this is a good one.

i'm an amateur fighter and i usually go 3-6 days, this week i'm hitting the gym 4 times along with 5 days of roadwork. do you think i should be doing more training?

i just got back to work last week wednesday, so i don't want to overtrain; i want to gradually work myself up to my regular 5-6 days/week training regimen. almost all of my muscles are sore right now (even the muscles in my palm where the thumb is connected)

Comment

If I have a fight coming up I'll do mon-fri and run everyday with sprints usually on weekends but if I'm not fighting usually just 3 times a week

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
          If I have a fight coming up I'll do mon-fri and run everyday with sprints usually on weekends but if I'm not fighting usually just 3 times a week
          would roadwork + gymwork 6 times/week be too much? Of course if I have a fight i'll train as much as 5-6 times a week, but if not i'd still follow my prep fight training regimen. would this be too much if i'm not training for a fight?

Comment

Originally posted by moneymayforever View Post
            would roadwork + gymwork 6 times/week be too much? Of course if I have a fight i'll train as much as 5-6 times a week, but if not i'd still follow my prep fight training regimen. would this be too much if i'm not training for a fight?
            I used to train all the time fight or not but I get injuries pretty easy so iv held back abit, I haven't been as committed as some of my gym mates recently and have payed for it in sparring and falling behind in the circuit work so if you don't get injured and Are serious about it then I'd stay in shape but just don't go as intense. Don't use it as an excuse not to train though some of the new guys that go all the time have improved a lot faster than guys that go say once or twice a week.
            Last edited by Juof; 06-13-2012, 08:07 AM.

Comment

2-3 days a week depending on my work schedule

Comment

Depends, I started going Tues-Fri for 3-4 hours. After a while I stopped caring as much because I can get my basic conditioning in the gym done in about 2. Now I'm struggling to even care about going as much because nobody is there to spar with me.

Comment

yeah after i get my stamina back im goin' 5+ haha

Comment

4 times/week heavy bag for 60min with skipping, shadow and a few kettlebell swings.
                    1 time/week I run 5km

Comment

Working...
                    X