Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Achilles tendon pain: Push through or rest?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achilles tendon pain: Push through or rest?

Have had a fair amount of pain in my right achilles tendon for a few weeks now. I mainly presents itself during roadwork, but it's gotten bad during training too. Do I risk any major injury by pushing through it?

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
    Have had a fair amount of pain in my right achilles tendon for a few weeks now. I mainly presents itself during roadwork, but it's gotten bad during training too. Do I risk any major injury by pushing through it?
    All i can say, consider doing some static/isometric exercises after the pain is gone. They do help tendons and joints

Comment

Rest it up ,let it recover,do some training that does not tax the legs and give it a chance to heal.

Comment

You can do great damage messin' around with that group of tendons! If you cause more damage you will have a cronic injury for life!!!
        Let the area rest completely, utilize mineral baths and warm water salts baths from your mid tibia on down!
        I know something about that injury when I was a young athlete and a few years ago my heel was degloved in a motorcycle accident and my tendons were reattached to a man made heel. It took me a 1 1/2 years to be able to walk because of the tendons and nerve damage also!

Beware that your injury can be cured with rest so do i!! This injury can remain with you for life!!!! Back off and rest it completely! Ray.

Comment

Good post from Ray.

Don't let pride get in the way, I did that with my knees and they still hurt when I run on hard ground.

Comment

Best thing for it is rest. I get pains in my ach. tendons from time to time as well when I'm running, best thing I have found for me is to rest it, don't do a lot of roadwork (if any) or skipping rope for a couple weeks and just work on other aspects of boxing in that time. Don't push through the pain, there is a difference between pain and discomfort, you have pain my man, don't risk hurting yourself more.

Comment

Working...
            X