Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many hours a week do elite boxers train?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
    Yeah it deff would help being athletic to start...140 is deff a competitive weightclass(in New York at least)

I just gotta work on reactionary skills myself...I'll see a punch coming but its not natural yet for me to duck it...

I think I can take a good shot though...I'm around 114 and guys around 119-125 have hit me flush plenty of times and I haven't been hurt...although of course I aint tryna get hit like that anymore

Only time I felt pain so far is when I got caught at the beginning of the jaw on the side, must be near a nerve...as soon as it landed, instant headache...lol, other than that the punches don't hurt...
    what gym are u outta?

Comment

Originally posted by Puck View Post
      I'm an elite fighter!!!! I do 10 push ups and sit ups in the morning.. The rest of the day is all about smoking and drinking. watcha think?
      You train harder then me Bro, You'd make me look silly! I do 2 push ups and half a sit up in the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
        2 miles? Why bother.
        2 miles is plenty. Running is overrated for boxing training. I don't understand why people waste so much time running.

If you want to get in "boxing" shape, hitting the pads for 12 straight rounds w/ 30 second breaks is far more effective than running.

Running is a waste of time for people who are fat and need to drop a lot of weight fast.

**** running.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
          2 miles is plenty. Running is overrated for boxing training. I don't understand why people waste so much time running.

If you want to get in "boxing" shape, hitting the pads for 12 straight rounds w/ 30 second breaks is far more effective than running.

Running is a waste of time for people who are fat and need to drop a lot of weight fast.

**** running.
          have u ever boxed? amateurs dont run long distance, no need. sprinting is key and the most important thing for amateurs

Comment

Case in point, I see guys all the time that run 7 miles a day and get in a gym and can't hit the pads at a moderate pace for more than 3 rounds.

By the 4th they're ready to throw up in their laps.

Running=overrated. Unless you're a fatty that needs to drop weight.

Focus on pad work and developing your punching endurance. Running won't do **** for you when your arms feel heavy in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialOne View Post
              have u ever boxed? amateurs dont run long distance, no need. sprinting is key and the most important thing for amateurs
              Yes. Thats why I said 2 miles is plenty. Run them at a fast speed and you'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
              X