Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Williams Expose Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margarito is what he is... A slugger .. I dont think he was exposed.. unless people were confusing him With Floyd Mayweather..

Instead I say would it was the best out of 4 fights I have seen Paul Williams perform.. But I still dont Think he is Top class.. His style was Good for Margarito.. I think someone with a little more speed.. example Cotto.. could really hurt him..

Comment

No because Margarito was overhyped to begin with.

Comment

Marg didn't get exposed as people are putting it. I posted before the fight I didn't like the decision ot fight Williams. I thought it was close and if there were still 15 rounders I think Margarito might have pulled it out.

Williams will cause anyone problems because of his size and it was a bad decision on Marg's handlers to fight Williams BEFORE Cotto. Cotto was the bigger fight, money wise and I still would like to see it.

Styles make fights and this was a bad style for Margarito , plain and simple. I think a fight with Cotto would be alot more entertaining and I still think Margarito could have a chance against Cotto because of their styles.

Comment

Originally posted by !! SiN View Post
          The only guy who gave Margarito the fight is Iole. Everyone else, as far as I know, had it for Williams...
          I got this from Yahoo's boxings page:

Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports: Margarito, 116-112

Tim Smith, New York Daily News: Draw, 114-114

Steve Springer, Los Angeles Times: Draw, 114-114

Bill Dwyre, Los Angeles Times: Margarito, 115-113

Steve Kim, MaxBoxing.com: Margarito, 115-113

Doug Fischer, MaxBoxing.com: Margarito, 115-113

Jerry Magee, San Diego Union-Tribune: Williams,
          116-112

Robert Morales, Los Angeles Daily News: Williams,
          115-113

Carlos Arias, Orange County Register: Williams,
          115-113

David Avila, Riverside Press Enterprise: Draw, 114-114

Francisco Salazar, *********.com: Draw, 114-114

Comment

Margarito was exhausted in the 12th. How the hell was he going to be able to fight three more rounds? No, Williams dominated that fight and should have gotten a wider decision than those inexperienced judges gave him in Margaritoville.

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
              I got this from Yahoo's boxings page:

Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports: Margarito, 116-112

Tim Smith, New York Daily News: Draw, 114-114

Steve Springer, Los Angeles Times: Draw, 114-114

Bill Dwyre, Los Angeles Times: Margarito, 115-113

Steve Kim, MaxBoxing.com: Margarito, 115-113

Doug Fischer, MaxBoxing.com: Margarito, 115-113

Jerry Magee, San Diego Union-Tribune: Williams,
              116-112

Robert Morales, Los Angeles Daily News: Williams,
              115-113

Carlos Arias, Orange County Register: Williams,
              115-113

David Avila, Riverside Press Enterprise: Draw, 114-114

Francisco Salazar, *********.com: Draw, 114-114
              A list of people I'll never take seriously again except for the bolded one.

Comment

Williams is gonna give anyone in that divison trouble.

Comment

I scored the fight 115-113 Williams and I think that is the right score, but I watched on tv. Press row scoring seems to indicate that there were an even number of people who had the fight for Margarito and Williams and the rest scored it a draw. From what I understand the consensus of people at the fight was that it was a draw. Now I don't know if this has anything to do with Margarito being exposed but in response to that I do NOT think he was exposed. We all knew he was slow and wide, but he showed a good chin and strong will which I was impressed with. After being dominated for the first half of the fight he did not pack it in, he kept coming. Frankly I think in a rematch he has a good chance of beating Williams. And even if he doesn't Williams looked pretty DAMN impressive and while I would slightly favor Cotto to beat him right now, Arum already shot that idea down so that should tell you something about Williams. Guy is a freak and has a good chin and can obviously take a pretty rigorous attack to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by FloydFan90 View Post
                    No because Margarito was overhyped to begin with.
                    SO IS FLOYD

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                      No thats stupid as hell. You dont win a belt, defend it numerous times, beat two solid guys along the way, and get "exposed". He was never great, but everyone knew that.
                      Thank you. "Exposed" has quickly become the most annoying term on this board. Fighters like Antonio Margarito, who have won a world title, who have beaten other former/current champions, who have shown that they are capable of fighting at a high level, etc, cannot be exposed.

Margarito wasn't dominated and stopped by Paul Williams. He was out boxed early, he turned it around in the second half of the fight, but it was too little too late by the end.

Margarito is still one of the 5-7 best Welterweights out there. He'd give anybody a rough time even if he didn't come out victorious. The division is SO good right now that there is little shame in dropping a decision to another one of the top rated guys.

I don't know if some of you understand that people are now thinking that Paul Williams would beat and even dominate/stop guys like Cotto and Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X