No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jan Zaveck Returns To Action, October 17 in Maribor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    Zaveck is a tough customer and has only lost to Berto and Thurman; he was robbed against Jackiewiscz in their first fight. He can hang with most any 147 fighter; i'd love to see him get Ortiz or Berto again.
    Those were also the only two worthwhile opponents he has ever fought.

But it needs to be said that going the distance against Keef Durman is an accomplishment on its own.

Comment

Zaveck is a good boxer and an aggressive, entertaining fighter.

The Berto TKO was an injustice. Berto was getting beaten up, then he cut Zaveck with a head butt, and the crooked referee called it a TKO.

Comment

The usual urinating on Berto aside, Zaveck is a fun, aggressive fighter to watch but we might want to temper our enthusiasm by noting that he's also 38 1/2 years old. Besides Hopkins, Wlad and Narvaez, there aren't all that many older guys performing at a championship level at that age.

Comment

C'mon guys, somebody give us a report. No site I've found has reported on it so far. I know it was Zaveck by TKO, but how about some details? Hello???

Comment

He got completely outclassed by Thurman, he's just not on that level.

But he was beating Berto until the fight had to get stopped due to cuts, IMO.

Zavec is a solid boxer, tough fight for most WW's and good measuring stick for any prospect/contender

Comment

lol at the opponent in the background

Comment

I saw it live on slo tv and he said he wont fight at 147 anymore. He cant make the weight. But i would love to see a Berto rematch, **** was entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post
                  I saw it live on slo tv and he said he wont fight at 147 anymore. He cant make the weight. But i would love to see a Berto rematch, **** was entertaining.
                  K9 here we come

Comment

Working...
                  X