No announcement yet.

Wlad is using his immediate rematch clause

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
    Expect Fury to stop Klitschko in the rematch.
    Klitschko will have to open up more if he wants to win the rematch and Fury will fight less cautiously and will put it on Wlad.
    Also surely the fight will be in the UK? So expect Wlad to not get away with his tactics like turning his back on Fury in the clinch and holding on for life etc.
    Also expect the UK ref to stop the bout early if and when Wlad gets hurt.
    Klit made parts of the fight look like WWE! Head locks, ref threatening to take points, more holding. Fury was on his A game! He is a character, like Ali, unlike Ali, he is awkward & lacking smooth butterfly skills. But he is a big dude. Deceptively quick. Klit wasn't weight drained. He was out boxed & out youth-ed!

Comment

Wlad needs to let his right hand go. Fury has no pop.

Comment

Fury is 'open to having the rematch in Germany'. He will send the most dominating heavyweight of the last 15 years into retirement and pocket in excess of £10mill while he does it. I'm very pleased for the man

Comment

Oh great.

2 massive, amateur hour grapplers plodding through another 36 minutes of absolute ****e whilst barely firing a shot in anger

Can't wait

Comment

Has he actually confirmed that he wants a rematch or has he just confirmed that there is a rematch clause? Two entirely differrent things. Be nice to have link to an interview with a quote.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan1986 View Post
              Has he actually confirmed that he wants a rematch or has he just confirmed that there is a rematch clause? Two entirely differrent things. Be nice to have link to an interview with a quote.
              All of Klitschko, Fury, and Peter Fury confirmed a rematch at the post fight conference

Comment

Wlad has a great shot to regain his titles.

Fury at his best wins again the same way but I think he's going to put on a ridiculous amount of weight over christmas and the break he has. I hope he has enough time to get in fighting shape and the same motivation to get down to the mid 240's.

Comment

If 40 yr old Wlad can pull it off I would be seriously impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                    Wlad has a great shot to regain his titles.

Fury at his best wins again the same way but I think he's going to put on a ridiculous amount of weight over christmas and the break he has. I hope he has enough time to get in fighting shape and the same motivation to get down to the mid 240's.
                    This was a terrible "fight."

Full credit Tyson for devising tactics to frustrate Wlad but the fact that the latter did not adapt by round 4 or so speaks volumes as the former is neither a master boxer nor big puncher and he doesn't have a great chin

I have no doubt that fat Lennox and old Vitali would simply have said "screw this" and made an effort to take Tyson out when things were going against them

The fact that Wlad didn't even attempt to do so until round 12 speaks volumes IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                      This was a terrible "fight."

Full credit Tyson for devising tactics to frustrate Wlad but the fact that the latter did not adapt by round 4 or so speaks volumes as the former is neither a master boxer nor big puncher and he doesn't have a great chin

I have no doubt that fat Lennox and old Vitali would simply have said "screw this" and made an effort to take Tyson out when things were going against them

The fact that Wlad didn't even attempt to do so until round 12 speaks volumes IMO
                      I agree, Wlad has been a 'comfort zone' fighter for all these years and when he was remotely in danger he could clinch or lean down on his opponents but last night none of that worked and he couldn't find a way to grind out a win.

Even in the 12th round he kind of let Fury off the hook because Fury was so concerned with his trunks leaving himself wide open I was thinking Wlad would make him pay dearly for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X