Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Shaw, Lenny Mclean, Bartley Gorman.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Shaw, Lenny Mclean, Bartley Gorman.

Have any of you guys read the books by these fighters? or ever seen them in action on tape or DVD? I've only read about them, i've not got their books or fights. It would seem Shaw was the best out of the bunch, considering his age, height, and weight disadvantages. Gorman said he challenged all of the top guys and they ducked him, but they say they never heard of him.
    Anyway, what do some of you guys think about these fighters?

Comment

i got some footage of em its pretty rough, they are not real boxer they do unlicensed boxing some times matches go like this : right hand head butt stomps winer is ........
      lol if you call this boxing

Comment

Lenny McLean used to bare knuckle fight alot with no gloves and anything goes except gouging and you can literally jump on someones head kick them in the nuts whatever. He went to New York to fight the Mafia's top guy and knocked him out apparently. When he was older he got involved in unlicenced boxing and fought twice against Shaw losing one and beating him in the other, I read Mcleans and Shaws books and they dont correlate, McLean says he never lost in the ring, or on the cobbles, but Shaw says he lost a few times and got knocked out, McLean says he knocked out Shaw twice and Shaw says he lost only once. Lenny got into acting (he is in the fifth element playing the Police Chief inspector, and Lock stock and two smoking barrels,

Shaw had a proffessional record of 10-0-0 (6) fighting under the name Roy West because he escaped prison and somehow he got away with this (it was in the olden times)....although eventually he got imprisoned again spent alot of time there and was certified insane, and came out of prison in his 30's, he applied for his licence obviously got turned down, so he started bare knuckle fighting like lenny until being lured into unlicenced boxing because bare knuckle fighting was being cracked down on. Roy beat former world Heavy weight contender Ron Stander who fought Joe Frazier I think.

Personally I believe Lenny he is far more likeable, all these guys are completely insane though and Shaw was mental!

Comment

Originally posted by paul750
          Have any of you guys read the books by these fighters? or ever seen them in action on tape or DVD? I've only read about them, i've not got their books or fights. It would seem Shaw was the best out of the bunch, considering his age, height, and weight disadvantages. Gorman said he challenged all of the top guys and they ducked him, but they say they never heard of him.
          Anyway, what do some of you guys think about these fighters?
          I'll send you a few fights.

Comment

Originally posted by elveiel
            I'll send you a few fights.
            Cheers man.

Comment

shaw looks crazy doesnt he

Comment

Anyone have any info on the Gorman guy?

Comment

well for a start gorman was a straight up fighter he would have taken out shaw easy enough ..then you have lennywho would have taken gorman without much fuss.. he took out shaw twice knocking him out of the ring

Comment

i my self have seen footage of shaw and lenny not gormanand can say easy enough that lenny was the guvnor an all round fighter gorman was a straight up fighter and shaw was after all looking for the limelight after all the time spent inside as it is shaw and lenny fought "three"times the first lenny not being used to gloves and surprised by shaw's strength lost out not knocked out mind then the 2nd and 3rd times lenny made no mistakes and knocked shaw about like a dolly no matter how tall what you weighed with gloves or not you faced the opposition to win if you lost at least you had a go and as for not fighting gorman well he would only do so bareknuckle and time andplace it just never happened and besides gorman was beat up bad once buy a mass of people at a race course and put paid to any honest fight with anyone after even though the person responsible for that beatin got his comupence ......respect to all past bareknuckle fighters

Comment

Working...
                    X