Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Was Dirrell So Afraid To Engage Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goodfa View Post
    If Dirrell had fought Froch the same way he fought Abraham he would of got a win in that fight too.
    Completely different fighters though.

Abraham always gives away the first 4/5 rounds. Then you have to factor in the poor refereeing, Abraham's lack of urgency until the last couple of rounds and the fact that there was no urine testing. Dirrell could easily have been on something when he fought Abraham. That may have been the reason the venue was witched, so as to avoid testing.

Then there was the dubious ending and whether Dirrell would have survived.

Froch wouldn't give away easy rounds and let Dirrell get comfortable like Abraham did. Dirrell was allowed get comfortable with Abraham doing nothing for most of the fight. Froch would chase the lad around the ring and make him uncomfortable, not give him any time. Froch would be aggressive.

Froch may run him out of the ring if they fight again, literally.

People are very quick to make excuses for Dirrell.

Comment

Originally posted by Living Legend View Post
      If you have to ask this question, you don't know **** about boxing and should be watching more boxing, instead of trying to talk it...

The answer is simple, he is a pro boxer not a toughman brawler, if he stood toe to toe with either fighter he would have been knocked out... If we got into a fight would you just stand there and let me punch you in the face to show how tough you are? I doubt it unless you like getting knocked out and stomped in the dirt...
      You aren't the brightest, kid.

There's a difference between engaging occasionally and engaging all the time. Can you show me where I mentioned that Dirrell should engaged all the time?

Dirrell was too negative. He could and should have stepped in at times and let punches go in the middle of the ring and then use his legs to get away.

He was on the backfoot far too much.

Comment

Green as hell, But the experience would make him better.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
          He was green, nervous, and Froch has a reputation as a big, tough puncher. If they ever fight again Dirrell will knock him out.
          You guys are quick to make excuses for Dirrell. The lad clearly has problems, as seen at the end of the Abraham fight.

I'm not totally convinced by him. He has the skills, but there's something missing upstairs.

Comment

Originally posted by American Pride View Post
            You guys are quick to make excuses for Dirrell. The lad clearly has problems, as seen at the end of the Abraham fight.

I'm not totally convinced by him. He has the skills, but there's something missing upstairs.
            Oh I agree he's far from perfect and looks totally uncomfortable on the inside, and unlike, for instance, Mayweather he cannot tough it out when he's unable to stick and move.

However I'm convinced the magnitude of the event got to him in that Froch fight. I feel he definitely deserved the win and was basically robbed, but he still looked very uncomfortable at times and was overly negative as a result. I think the confidence injection he's recieved since, plus a slight alteration to his gameplan, should allow him to take Froch apart in a rematch - he has all the tools let's be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
              He was green, nervous, and Froch has a reputation as a big, tough puncher. If they ever fight again Dirrell will knock him out.
              Word. Plus the fight was in the UK, hostile environment. Probably very nerveracking for the young lad.

Against Abraham, he was at home and he knew what he had to do, got the experience from the Froch fight and did his thing.

Comment

Working...
              X