No announcement yet.

Super Six: Welterweight Edition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Six: Welterweight Edition

There's a lot of good talent in the welterweight division right now but seems like none of the top ten wanna fight each other. Whenever elite level boxers in their prime go at it we get classics like the Fab Four and most recently Thurman vs Porter. The first and last super six tournament took place seven years ago and showcased the best super middleweights at the time. Andre Ward was crowned the winner, and he hasn't been defeated since.

Let's forget about the great HBO/Showtime divide for a minute, if you could choose six welterweights to compete in a super six tournament, who would you pick and why?
    Yes, I want to see the best fight the best.
    100.00%
    No, I like things the way they are.
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Agree with you but the hbo/showtime divide wouldn't really effect welter super 6 too much. Besides Bradley, Pac, Vargas it be nice to have them but kind of unrealistic.

i'd pick something like
    Thurman-Garcia
    Porter-Berto
    Brook-Spence

Wild Card: Peterson, Guerrero

To be honest i'd take a super six in any division, tournaments are exciting. I even liked the boxcino tourneys. I'd love a Heavyweight tournament I know really unlikely to happen but imo it'd be great for the buzzing division

Comment

Originally posted by MelanKomas View Post
      Agree with you but the hbo/showtime divide wouldn't really effect welter super 6 too much. Besides Bradley, Pac, Vargas it be nice to have them but kind of unrealistic.

i'd pick something like
      Thurman-Garcia
      Porter-Berto
      Brook-Spence

Wild Card: Peterson, Guerrero

To be honest i'd take a super six in any division, tournaments are exciting. I even liked the boxcino tourneys. I'd love a Heavyweight tournament I know really unlikely to happen but imo it'd be great for the buzzing division
      berto sucks even on steroids total garbage, why not fil in sadam ali so he gets the chance to redeem himself other than that lip licking every time on camera overpaid douchebag

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        berto sucks even on steroids total garbage, why not fil in sadam ali so he gets the chance to redeem himself other than that lip licking every time on camera overpaid douchebag
        I like Sadam Ali a lot actually but unrealistic he's with Gbp. Don't know why on earth he is but he is.

Why the hate on Berto???? He's an action fighter, I've never been bored watching one of his fights. Did you watch his fight with Geurrero, Ortiz1&2, Hell even Karass.

You know he's showed a ton of heart throughout his career and is a warrior. Not the best fighter but he always lays it on the line

Comment

obviously, if theres anything left after he fights 3g,
          brook vs khan - to end khans yapping ! i pick brook, mid rd ko.
          1x vs porter 2 - why not ? 1x wins again ud
          swift vs spence - only quality guy left. swift takes it somehow ud/lucky ko

swift vs brook - brook pretty much kills him
          1x vs brook - hhhmmmm. toss up.

Comment

Poll added.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
              obviously, if theres anything left after he fights 3g,
              brook vs khan - to end khans yapping ! i pick brook, mid rd ko.
              1x vs porter 2 - why not ? 1x wins again ud
              swift vs spence - only quality guy left. swift takes it somehow ud/lucky ko

swift vs brook - brook pretty much kills him
              1x vs brook - hhhmmmm. toss up.
              So the frontrunners are Brook, Thurman, Porter, Khan, Danny and Spence... **** it let's toss in a couple substitutes just in case one of the top picks gets injured, and to mix it up a bit more. I've always wanted to see how Bradley would do on the other side of the proverbial network/promotional pond.

Comment

Originally posted by Young J View Post
                So the frontrunners are Brook, Thurman, Porter, Khan, Danny and Spence... **** it let's toss in a couple substitutes just in case one of the top picks gets injured, and to mix it up a bit more. I've always wanted to see how Bradley would do on the other side of the proverbial network/promotional pond.
                as my granma always told me, ''keep it simple, stupid.'' so i did.

i considered putting in timmy over spence but spence is the flavor right now. danny is too new to match him with timmy and it seems people want to see swift catch a beating. his luck has to run out, right ?

Comment

rather super 8

but a thing like that is not even in the talks so I doN't know why should we vote about this

Comment

Replace BERTO with BRADLEY. berto has no business in a tournament like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X