No announcement yet.

How to throw a left and a right jab?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to throw a left and a right jab?

So you may have seen pacman and other southpaws use a rear arm jab, to set up a loaded front arm hook. Hows this punch done?

Also am I right in presuming the only jab that uses arm or upper body strength is a jab where you don't push off the rear foot or torque the hips? (because adding arm strength to this would impede the flow of power not add to it)?

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    So you may have seen pacman and other southpaws use a rear arm jab, to set up a loaded front arm hook. Hows this punch done?

Also am I right in presuming the only jab that uses arm or upper body strength is a jab where you don't push off the rear foot or torque the hips? (because adding arm strength to this would impede the flow of power not add to it)?
    It's called a straight left.

Get down to a boxing gym and pick up a pair of gloves and have a go, it's not very hard to do.

It's basically a 1-2-3, the first combo you learn in a boxing gym without a 1.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
      It's called a straight left.

Get down to a boxing gym and pick up a pair of gloves and have a go, it's not very hard to do.

It's basically a 1-2-3, the first combo you learn in a boxing gym without a 1.
      No theres actually a jab with the rear arm, not a rear cross/straight left

Comment

Ffs Alex stop being so rigid with your definitions. He's just throwing a quick cross without loading up on it because its just a setup punch. Your search for this magical new jab, like all the magical punches you search for is nuts you should be figuring these things out organically as you try things out in the gym. Go learn your fundamentals then learn when and why to bend rules. What are you paying your coach for, back rubs?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
          No theres actually a jab with the rear arm, not a rear cross/straight left
          yeah it's called a straight left, it's basically a cross but without much pop. Go watch Mayweather do it, he does it out of the orthodox position so it's a straight right he's throwing but it's the same thing from a southpaw position with the rear hand.

The combo you're taking about is basically that punch with a left hook at the end of it.
          Last edited by kiDynamite92; 12-29-2014, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin'
            Leave the Kid alone with the negative comments, atleast he is not insinuating, antagonizing or insulting the sport or the forum members (as so many like to do here).

Yeah, he can get out in left field with some of his observations but he is not hurting anything or anybody in doing so. He just may invent the punch that changes the game forever. It'd probably be the counter to the helicopter punch, but what ever..........

He's not hurting anybody......... Rockin'
            I kind of want to agree with you but it looks like he's trolling us. Nobody interested in boxing would ask the questions he has asked at the rate he has without having spent time in a gym. The guy flat out refuses to go to a gym and yet asks loads of questions insisting that he is right when people who have set foot in a gym tell him otherwise.

As a southpaw myself I can say it's not a rear Jab. It's just a fast left cross. You throw it like you would any cross you just don't sit down on it as much because it's a set up punch. It's not a magical rear jab because that would be a punch entirely different from the jab. Why would you measure range or try to use your reach with the furthest away hand? It is a quick cross. A strong punch still but usually very snappy so it lets you set up more. But the other posters above have already stated that.

Comment

I might have agreed with Rockin until Alex posted that troll video of the kid with down syndrome. Now I see he's just another dumb ass troll dancing around his moms living room in his underwear trying to punch out the pet cat. Helicopter punch sounds good tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
                I might have agreed with Rockin until Alex posted that troll video of the kid with down syndrome. Now I see he's just another dumb ass troll dancing around his moms living room in his underwear trying to punch out the pet cat. Helicopter punch sounds good tho.

Yeah man. The torgue generated by using the cue of flexing your left quad and pectorals generates the kinetic energy to ko your opponent

Comment

a rear arm jab??? wtf?? it is a straight/lead left

Comment

Working...
                  X