No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murray is Inspired By Family To Shock Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Murray is Inspired By Family To Shock Sergio Martinez

MARTIN MURRAY says he’s going to keep his feet on the ground even if he defeats Sergio Martinez in Argentina this spring.

The St Helens man faces the world’s best middleweight for his WBC crown at the home stadium of Velez Sarsfield on April 27.

Martinez is widely regarded as one of the top three pound for pound fighters on the planet, so a victory for Murray would likely catapult him to superstar status.

However, he has no real interest in glitz and glamour and just wants to secure the financial future of his family.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Man, who doesn't remember Lloyd Honeyghans upset win over Donald Curry back in 1986? .. The stuff of boxing legend if you ask me...The Rumble in the Jungle...Ali-Frazier trilogy...Louis-Schmeling...Ray Robinson-Jake Lamotta rivalry...Tyson-Holyfield... Honeyghan vs Curry might be the best.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
      Man, who doesn't remember Lloyd Honeyghans upset win over Donald Curry back in 1986? .. The stuff of boxing legend if you ask me...The Rumble in the Jungle...Ali-Frazier trilogy...Louis-Schmeling...Ray Robinson-Jake Lamotta rivalry...Tyson-Holyfield... Honeyghan vs Curry might be the best.
      This is boxing. Anything can happen. Think Maravilla stops him though.

Comment

I wish Murray all the best in this fight but unless he stops Martinez he will not win this one, Martinez is above all in this division and when he needs to step agear he normally does plus in Argentina there is no way he is going to be under pre-pared - Good Luck Murray you are going need it.

Comment

Good luck to him. I expect a very electric crowd and Martinez to come out and prove a point in front of his hometown crowd. Sergio by TKO/KO in round 7.

Comment

i think an aspect of this fight that has me excited for it is to see how martinez looks after surgery and at 38. he can say he feels good in training, but we'll see how good he looks and how his knee holds up on fight night. hopefully it does, haha. murray also sounds like he's coming to win, not to pick up a paycheck or anything. it should be a good one. i'm hoping for some quality rounds before martinez gets that tko.

Comment

The only game Murray's gonna beat Martinez is TENNIS.

LOL!

Comment

Working...
              X