No announcement yet.

Charles and Holmes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
    Okay, I'll take the bait... That's like sayin' the Earth is flat by anyone who knows what he's talkin' about...
    I remember the thread where you implied that Charles' best weight was heavyweight.

Respectfully, you should refrain from talking about him until you know more about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
      Okay, I'll take the bait... That's like sayin' the Earth is flat by anyone who knows what he's talkin' about...
      Maybe in terms of "Who is more famous", then of course.

In terms of what their resumes and greatness? No, it's not the same.

Charles is greater than both Ali and Louis. Anyone who knows about their respective career's knows that.

We all know you know nothing of Charles.

Comment

I charles fought before Louis and Holmes fought before Ali they might have been. Alot of people never forgave Charles and Holmes for beating the greats past their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
          Such as what? Larry was generally very humble and well-spoken, other than the jock-strap remark.
          I always thought that Holmes was rude and obnoxious out of the ring. You apparently didn't see the ugly incident between him and Cooney after the Snipes fight.

Comment

I didn't. What happened there?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              I didn't. What happened there?
              After the Snipes fight was over Holmes picked a fight with Cooney who was in attendance. Of course it was mostly a publicity (and intimidation) stunt, but Holmes came off as low class and Snipes suffered a cut from the scissors being used to cut off his wraps. I'm going off memory, but you might find this somewhere on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                After the Snipes fight was over Holmes picked a fight with Cooney who was in attendance. Of course it was mostly a publicity (and intimidation) stunt, but Holmes came off as low class and Snipes suffered a cut from the scissors being used to cut off his wraps. I'm going off memory, but you might find this somewhere on YouTube.

I looked it up on you tube and it was after the Holmes- Leon Spinks fight. Howard Cosell attempted to include Cooney during the Holmes post fight interview. Holmes told Cosell if he brought Cooney over there he would slap Cooney in his face. He tried and ended up knocking Cosell's toupee crooked and bloodying his mouth. The Snipes incident happened after Snipes(still upset with the stoppage) and Holmes brother had words during Holmes interview. Punches were thrown between them and snipes ended up getting cut with the scissors.

The first incident definitely made Holmes look bad. I can't imagine a fighter doing that now without their reputation taking a hit.
                Last edited by joseph5620; 11-20-2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  I looked it up on you tube and it was after the Holmes- Leon Spinks fight. Howard Cosell attempted to include Cooney during the Holmes post fight interview. Holmes told Cosell if he brought Cooney over there he would slap Cooney in his face. He tried and ended up knocking Cosell's toupee crooked and bloodying his mouth. The Snipes incident happened after Snipes(still upset with the stoppage) and Holmes brother had words during Holmes interview. Punches were thrown between them and snipes ended up getting cut with the scissors.

The first incident definitely made Holmes look bad. I can't imagine a fighter doing that now without their reputation taking a hit.
                  Ok, thanks. I saw them both happen live and I guess that I just scrambled them into one.

Comment

Working...
                  X