Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing is the sport of KINGS and tonight it was proven AGAIN!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing is the sport of KINGS and tonight it was proven AGAIN!

I really can't say enough about how great tonights fight was, BOTH FIGHTERS ELEVATED THIS SPORT TO ANOTHER LEVEL!

Rios is a BEAST, THAT CAN'T BE DENIED, I will say, Rios has same recovery abilities as a Joe Frazier, seriously quick! it's going to take a George Foreman type punch to put him down.

Alvarado, showed up to fight and then some! He made the adjustments, stuck to a plan for the overall fight and proved my prediction right!!!
    Watching Alvarado dig deep after that second round to get the win, watching him fight through that hellfire Rios was blasting at him, um, I'm beyond impressed.

Boxing won tonight, we all just witnessed a Hall of Fame fight and Trilogy on the way! no doubt.

What a fight, with a Trilogy coming out of this, this is a christmas present on Easter eve.

140 is looking HOT right now. wow!

one of alvarado's plans was to tie up once rios gets close and wait for the ref to break it up leaving rios no choice but to reset...stupidass ref fell for it..

but i cant believe team rios did'nt anticipate this move...

Comment

both guys are very average its disrespectful to compare them to Ward vs Gatti or Chico vs castillo let alone Joe Frazier or George Foreman but they should make an immediate rematch before one or both gets Junama'd

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        one of alvarado's plans was to tie up once rios gets close and wait for the ref to break it up leaving rios no choice but to reset...stupidass ref fell for it..

but i cant believe team rios did'nt anticipate this move...
        you must not have watched the same fight, there was like three f vc k ing clinches in that whole damn fight!?!?!

tony weeks is the best ref in the game next to steve smoger, if anything alvarado didn't tie up enough.

I thought the best plan of action would be to disrupt Rios timing by well timed clinches, like after a combo, tie up, and then reset.... that was barely executed tonight.

there are fighters that abuse the clinch, alvarado not being one of them, that guy lets his hands go.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          both guys are very average its disrespectful to compare them to Ward vs Gatti or Chico vs castillo let alone Joe Frazier or George Foreman but they should make an immediate rematch before one or both gets Junama'd
          you must know f v c k beans about boxing......

Comment

agreed UFC is for suburbian clowns aka ex wwe fans

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
              you must know f v c k beans about boxing......
              I mean it was a good scrap and all but come on now brah

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
                you must not have watched the same fight, there was like three f vc k ing clinches in that whole damn fight!?!?!

tony weeks is the best ref in the game next to steve smoger, if anything alvarado didn't tie up enough.

I thought the best plan of action would be to disrupt Rios timing by well timed clinches, like after a combo, tie up, and then reset.... that was barely executed tonight.

there are fighters that abuse the clinch, alvarado not being one of them, that guy lets his hands go.
                it's you that was'nt not paying atenttion if you think thre's only 3 occassions mike tied up ...

Comment

All good/great fights have one thing in common, the fighters don't hug and hold 10 times a round. If the sport came down hard on that crap we would have good fights more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    both guys are very average its disrespectful to compare them to Ward vs Gatti....
                    Ward and Gatti were very average themselves. In fact Mickey Ward never won a real world championship while both Rios and Alvarado have.

Comment

Working...
                    X