Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris John and Freddie Norwood outboxed Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dandiez1 View Post
    I have a friend who has a special career dvd of juan manuel marquez. There were two fighters who outboxed him that I dont know that much about Chris John and Freddie Norwood. How can two fighters beat who ring magazine have ranked as number 3 and not become big ppv names themselves. Also, how can a fighter ranked number 3 by ring magazine have so many losses and to not huge names?
    Maybe if you actually watched the fights instead of looking at the back of the DVD you would know that John only decisively won the 12th round and realistically couldn't have won more than 3 all together.
    Last edited by Spray_resistant; 06-09-2010, 04:38 PM.

Comment

JMM was robbed in both fights. He clearly won both fights.

Comment

I scored the John fight for JMM. Close one though.

I didn't score his fight with Norwood, I wanted to but it was a a very difficult one to judge IMO. Lederman scored it for Marquez. I don't consider it a robbery, the fight was close and it was a bad clash of styles.

In both fights I thought that the ref did a worse job than the judges. JMM got 2 point deductions against CJ and I think there were 1 or 2 KDs badly handled/missed/not called against Norwood. Sorry I can't be more specific, it was quite a while ago that I watched that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          I scored the John fight for JMM. Close one though.

I didn't score his fight with Norwood, I wanted to but it was a a very difficult one to judge IMO. Lederman scored it for Marquez. I don't consider it a robbery, the fight was close and it was a bad clash of styles.

In both fights I thought that the ref did a worse job than the judges. JMM got 2 point deductions against CJ and I think there were 1 or 2 KDs badly handled/missed/not called against Norwood. Sorry I can't be more specific, it was quite a while ago that I watched that fight.
          your right in the norwood fight the ref missed calling one of Marquez knockdowns.

forward to the 9:10 mark to see the knockdown

Marquez won both of those fights
          Last edited by 2120; 06-09-2010, 05:07 PM.

Comment

both were bs decisions. A bunch of people will tell you Marquez got robbed, who havent even seen those fights.
            Well i saw all 24 rounds of both fights and JMM was ROBBED

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Maybe if you actually watched the fights instead of looking at the back of the DVD you would know that John only decisively won the 12th round and realistically couldn't have won more than 3 all together.
              How can you say that? There were a lot of people besides the judges who scored the fight for Chris John. Even Marquez and the people in his camp only thought he won 7 rounds, so I don't see how an unbiased person can have John winning less than 4 rounds in that fight.

Originally posted by Dandiez1
              He gets better with age minus the mayweather fight
              I don't completely agree with that. Casamayor is even older than Marquez and Juan Diaz isn't really an elite fighter. Marquez eventually managed to KO both fighters, but those were very competitive fights that Marquez should have won much more easily. The last time Marquez really looked like he was a top 3 P4P fighter was in his 2nd fight against Pacquiao.

Comment

Marquez was def. robbed against Chris John. The 2 point deductions were BS but even with them Marquez should've won.

Borrring fight though

Comment

Working...
                X