No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Delvin Rodriguez: The Night and Fight He’s Waited For

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Delvin Rodriguez: The Night and Fight He’s Waited For

By Thomas Gerbasi - Before his last bout against Freddy Hernandez in May, Delvin Rodriguez talked of staying busy, of fighting anyone put in front of him until he got the big fight he wanted. It was the talk of a professional, of someone who had his shots at the brass ring previously but fell short, leaving him in a position where his only option was to fight until he couldn’t be ignored.

That could have been the recipe for a long bruising trip through the 154-pound weight class as he looked to erase the memory of a dismal Showtime-televised loss to Austin Trout in June of 2012. But after a sixth round TKO of George Tahdooahnippah in February, he picked up another TKO win over Hernandez, and that’s when things got interesting, as whispers about a possible fight with comebacking Puerto Rican superstar Miguel Cotto began.

Rodriguez heard those whispers.

“There was a little talk, and when the talk started I felt it was a big possibility because I thought, ‘who else does he have?’” said Rodriguez. “They tried two different opponents and I believe TV did not want those fights, so after I heard that, I said okay, it’s a big possibility now.” [Click Here To Read More]

Coto by decision...if he loses he retires...the out is a measure of what he has left...4/5 hears ago this bout never would've been made...

Comment

If Cotto still has it he will win because the skill level is higher. Rodriguez has a good chin, out put and moderate skills but a lot of times I have seen that he can't adjust. Delvin is not a big puncher either

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        If Cotto still has it he will win because the skill level is higher. Rodriguez has a good chin, out put and moderate skills but a lot of times I have seen that he can't adjust. Delvin is not a big puncher either
        Rodriguez has good fundamentals but he isn't athletic at all, pretty slow on his feet as well. Cotto wins this comfortably.

Comment

I'm still in a little shock that Cotto is fighting D. Rodriguez. This fight is such a mis-match. Rodriguez is at best an ESPNFF fighter. If Cotto has 10% left in the tank he will win this comfortably.

Comment

Delvin Skill

I like Delvin, and I know he has been robbed on several occasions. Cotto has a skill level that Delvin doesn't have. The only way Delvin can win is if Cotto fights Delvin like he fought Trout. If that happens, Rodriguez wins.

Comment

golden opportunity for Rodriguez -- Cotto's skills have been declining for years -- Delvin needs to go after him early, throw lots of punches, engage in exchanges and move, move, move for the 1st part of the fight -- he needs to bust Cotto up early,tire him and slow him down in the first 6 rounds or so -- if he can do this, he should be able to have a late stoppage of Cotto -- I think people overestimate what Cotto has left at this point....

Comment

I think Cottoo wins, but not by KO

Comment

Delvin by way of brutal ko in round 3.

Comment

Working...
                  X