No announcement yet.

Who wins: Evander Holyfield Vs Rocky Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BamBam_ View Post
    I got Evander winning this. Evander wouldn't be the usual Old ass guy that the overrated Marciano would usually fight.

We all know that the overrated one's boxing skill was nothing special either and the majority of the fighters he fought, fought with their feet nailed to the floor

Evander got this

And Pavlik sure whooped 43 yr old Bernard Hopkins butt didn't he?

For some fighters age means everything (Roy Jones) for others Hopkins, Archie Moore it doesn't.

Skilled, cagey, defensive fighters who know how to rope-a-dope have longer careers than fighters relying on their reflexes.

By the way old, past-it, Archie Moore managed to regain the light-heavyweight crown after losing to Marciano. Archie Moore and Bernard Hopkins have a lot in common.

Oh, and to answer the question I think it would be a great match-up UNLESS Holyfield insisted on trading with Marciano, in which case he would be brutally knocked out.
    Last edited by bklynboy; 09-19-2013, 12:39 PM.
    Stuntman Mike Stuntman Mike likes this.

Comment

Holyfield

They were about the same size and they both had good chins

Holyfield is the better boxer

Comment

Is VADA involved?
        GelfSara GelfSara likes this.

Comment

I'll be the first one to say if someone could crack that chin of holyfield that would be Marciano. Rocky had hands like Dempsey/Tyson but the heart of a lion... Marciano might get a little frustrated but his power would help that frustration like it did with Archie Moore!

Comment

Holyfield, but it would be a bloody, brutal 15-round fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BamBam_ View Post
              Oh and 35 years old back then is older than 35 years old now
              Huh?

Comment

Yall know how this plays out, Marciano was very good but his era and he himself paled in comparison to the greats in the division that came before and have come since. Ma boy Holy is an atg top 5 heavy, the boy has too much activity, strength and underrated skill. He'd move, jab and even trade and in each one of those categories, he would beat Marciano, 12 or 15, it dont matter to Commander Vander.

The only chance Marciano has is a puncher's chance and that ain't much cos Holy's chin was great.

top 10 heavies:

Ali
                Louis
                Foreman
                Holmes
                Holy
                Frazier
                Lennox
                Tyson
                Liston
                Johnson

Comment

Great fair fight.

A war. In which i think evander wins a split decision
                  Or majority draw.

A classic.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                    I'll be the first one to say if someone could crack that chin of holyfield that would be Marciano. Rocky had hands like Dempsey/Tyson but the heart of a lion... Marciano might get a little frustrated but his power would help that frustration like it did with Archie Moore!
                    So Holyfield can take bombs from Big Riddick Bowe and Foreman but not Marciano

Stop ur embarrassing yourself. I need to change my AVI so no one confuses me with u lol

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                      Huh?
                      If u can't interpret what I mean by this then step ur intellect level up

I shouldn't have to tell u what I mean

Comment

Working...
                      X