Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i honestly think Canelo alvez could potentially become the best fighter ever.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    Let's not get carried away here and pretend Trout didn't beat beat him.
    Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
    hes only 22 and hes beating guys like Austin trout im sorry but most 22's are fed tomato cans and are only on the 2/3rd fight. Hes on how many fights??? Hes done his first 12 rounds at age 17..

This is pure ring IQ.

plus I said potentially. People are so seething.
    I think I see a very good fighter. I have made money betting on him almost every time he fights since I first saw him fight Catto's older brother. Canelo, with his glass jaw, terrible footwork, and awful stamina just keeps right on winning. If he is as poor a fighter as some are saying then Mayweather should beat him easily. So I would have been wrong about how good Canelo is. Bad for him but I'll just get another favorite fighter. I already have three good ones I really like. Matthysse, GGG. and Thurman. I like to shock people by saying I think Canelo will beat Floyd. I have been saying it for years. Some of the pros think Canelo has a decent chance to win. The Vegas odds for this fight are much closer than any fight Mayweather has had since he fought Oscar. Mayweather is a 2.5 to 1 favorite, not the usual 6 or 7 to 1 favorite he has been in all his fights for years.

Comment

Sorry about the typo. I meant since he fought Cotto's older brother.

Comment

I watched him against the excellent Trout. Very enjoyable fight. Pure quality from both guys, Trout i feel would be Floyd. Was outclassed.

Canelo at the age of 22, is so good. hIS HEAD MOVEMENT is the best in the world, some of his upper cuts were a thing of beauty.

If he improves his workrate and cardio to say frochs level, he would be literally unstoppable. I feel the cardio aspect is whats holding him back to being the best fighter ever.
        Canelos defense isnt good. He had good head movement against a slow puncher. Kermit cintron was landing his shots fairly easy on canelo and cintron looked horible in that fight. Canelos body movement isnt good either. Throw in his gas tank that runs out fast and you got a young kid with alot that needs to be addressed.

Comment

I watched him against the excellent Trout. Very enjoyable fight. Pure quality from both guys, Trout i feel would be Floyd. Was outclassed.

Canelo at the age of 22, is so good. hIS HEAD MOVEMENT is the best in the world, some of his upper cuts were a thing of beauty.

If he improves his workrate and cardio to say frochs level, he would be literally unstoppable. I feel the cardio aspect is whats holding him back to being the best fighter ever.
          BEST EVER?????? That's a pretty big statement.. He might be one of the best of his era, but highly unlikely he will be better than floyd, manny, SRL, Hagler, Hearns etc...

Not trying to diss on Canelo but def not going to be the GOAT
          And saying if he had Froch's conditioning would make him unstoppable i agree, but you could say if tyson had hopkins work ethic he would be unstoppable.

Comment

Spit juice on my computer screen after reading this. Thanks alot
            Last edited by BIGBOXINGFAN; 06-01-2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X