No announcement yet.

Lucian Bute vs Brian Magee March 19th on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BatteredKessler View Post
    I see the upside : Bute will be fighting Super sixers (...) in his next 2 bouts
    so why not wait and then sign him to a 2 fight deal? I knew he wasn't going to fight a big name in the first one, just a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
      Jean Pascal called him numerous times, Bute has always declined, maybe Martinez, if he wants to move up. I can't believe they can find better opponents than Magee and Brinlkey...
      Pascal hasn't called him out numerous times since they're both champions... he made it clear he was intesrested in fighting Bute, but he said he wouldn't chase Bute, that he didn't have to, and he was right

at the end of the day, they're in different weight divisions

only the keyboard warriors attacked Bute for not going after a light heavyweight...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
        so why not wait and then sign him to a 2 fight deal? I knew he wasn't going to fight a big name in the first one, just a waste of money.
        maybe these guys know something we don't...

it's all about money and business...

don't forget HBO was already getting involved with Bute...

Comment

Pascal hasn't called him out numerous times since they're both champions... he made it clear he was intesrested in fighting Bute, but he said he wouldn't chase Bute, that he didn't have to, and he was right

at the end of the day, they're in different weight divisions

only the keyboard warriors attacked Bute for not going after a light heavyweight...
          Pascal went to almost all the medias in Quebec and made it clear that he was the "Boss in town", I'm using his own words here. He said that he's the best in Quebec and if Bute want to challenge him about this, he would fight him anytime.

Larouche ( Bute's coach ) and Bedard ( promoter ) declined by saying they don't want to move up in weight.

I know what you mean by saying we shouldn't oblige him to move up in weight if he doesn't want, but hey Pascal fought a long time at 168, its not like if he was a much more natural bigger guy. Also Bute's clan said a lot of time that Bute weight more than 180 lbs in real life, so I don't see why he would not be able to compete at 175.

I respectfully agree with you that he doesn't have a lot of options, but don't tell me his opposition has been impressive, cause it's totally not.

Comment

Steiglitz, Balzsay, Gutknecht, Sartison... were any of these available they;re really the only exceptable fights

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
              Steiglitz, Balzsay, Gutknecht, Sartison... were any of these available they;re really the only exceptable fights
              all straight-up european fighters

Bute would still get heat if he fought one of those

Comment

all straight-up european fighters

Bute would still get heat if he fought one of those
                I give Showtime heat, not Bute. I wouldn't blame him if he fought 3 tomato can club fighters. He gets a nice paycheck regardless.

Comment

Pascal went to almost all the medias in Quebec and made it clear that he was the "Boss in town", I'm using his own words here. He said that he's the best in Quebec and if Bute want to challenge him about this, he would fight him anytime.

Larouche ( Bute's coach ) and Bedard ( promoter ) declined by saying they don't want to move up in weight.

I know what you mean by saying we shouldn't oblige him to move up in weight if he doesn't want, but hey Pascal fought a long time at 168, its not like if he was a much more natural bigger guy. Also Bute's clan said a lot of time that Bute weight more than 180 lbs in real life, so I don't see why he would not be able to compete at 175.

I respectfully agree with you that he doesn't have a lot of options, but don't tell me his opposition has been impressive, cause it's totally not.
                  it hasn't been impressive for sure, but it hasn't been as bad as some idiotic haters like Hitman632 have made it out to be

Comment

it hasn't been impressive for sure, but it hasn't been as bad as some idiotic haters like Hitman632 have made it out to be
                    Yeah its true that its a "good" resume, he fought against good fighters. Bika and Andrade are the two best that comes to my mind. But he didn't fight against an elite fighter. I don't want to diss the guy, he's a great fighter and I totally like his skills, its just that I want to see him against the best.

Comment

Yeah its true that its a "good" resume, he fought against good fighters. Bika and Andrade are the two best that comes to my mind. But he didn't fight against an elite fighter. I don't want to diss the guy, he's a great fighter and I totally like his skills, its just that I want to see him against the best.
                      Showtime will land him those high level fights hopefully soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X