Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My grandma tries Windows 8 for the first time (with video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
    Its Microsoft's idea of design and logic that is the most confusing thing about this new Metro add-on to W7.

If some who is comfortable using W7 can't use a relatively simple UI because MS has decided to hide all the buttons etc then there is a real problem.

You are going to see a lot of people being put off from this kind of experience.
    What? Senior citizens?

Comment

Originally posted by RICH SPANIARD. View Post
      What? Senior citizens?

A bad UI is a bad UI, it doesn't matter how old the person is. That OS is like one big puzzle that has to be worked out in order to use it.

Comment

I admire Microsoft for doing something drastically different. At least they are trying to innovate. I'll hold out my opinion on it until I try it for myself, I will definitely upgrade one of my machines with Windows 8 when it launches.

Comment

are you a woman? l0l

Comment

Almost everything is confusing when you first try it... I don't see what the big deal is?

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
              I admire Microsoft for doing something drastically different. At least they are trying to innovate. I'll hold out my opinion on it until I try it for myself, I will definitely upgrade one of my machines with Windows 8 when it launches.

Yep, I have to give it to MS for not trying to copy iOS even though I don't think this Metro UI is that intuitive or user friendly on a phone.

They should have left the Metro UI separate from the desktop OS as they run different programs and behave differently which will just add to confusion.

Comment

iPhone sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Doomzday View Post
                  iPhone sucks.
                  This thread has nothing to do with the iPhone, jack ass.

Comment

I don't let my grandma anywhere near the computer...especially when she's with her friends...

Comment

Everything is complicated at first. Anyone that starts music producing will look at programs like logic or fl studio and go wtf this is so complicated!

Same way we all learned how to use smartphones, if you really want to do it you will learn how it all works. I like how it's very different but in no way am I praising it because I haven't tried it myself.

I probably won't upgrade it when it first comes out because I want to read reviews of it first and see if it's stable and not filled with bugs.

Comment

Working...
                      X