Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Darren Barker: Winning The Only Option in Atlantic City

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Darren Barker: Winning The Only Option in Atlantic City

By Thomas Gerbasi - The question may have caught Darren Barker by surprise, but with the deft reflexes of the unbeaten middleweight contender that he is, the affable Brit parried with style when asked if he’s been watching any Randy Turpin tapes lately.

“Funny enough, I haven’t,” said Barker. “But I’m up against the task he was, and it’s gonna be the same result that he managed to pull off against Sugar Ray Robinson.”

A victory by Barker this Saturday night over WBC Diamond middleweight champion Sergio Martinez in Atlantic City may not shake the foundations of the game like Turpin’s 1951 victory over the 128-1-2 Robinson did, or Lloyd Honeyghan’s finish of Donald Curry in 1986, but it could fit in nicely after those two when it comes to major upsets by lads from the UK. And instead of being insulted at being a prohibitive underdog, Barker is embracing his role in the lead-up to the bout.

“It does something for the sport,” he said. “I’m here to liven it up and cause a bit of a stir and a bit of excitement to prove that the underdog can cause upsets, and that’s what I’m looking forward to doing on Saturday.” [Click Here To Read More]

damn am gonna miss this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
      damn am gonna miss this fight
      so will 99.99999999999999999% of society.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post

The population will watch

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
          haha, but we all know YOU are going to be watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
            haha, but we all know YOU are going to be watching it.
            anybody who watches Steroidgio Martinez vs. Barker the Goat Farmer is contributing to BUM ON BUM VIOLENCE.

Comment

Too bad there isnt a punch in Boxing that makes someone unable to talk, put a little ****e on Martinez'es glove and punch Barker in the throat and sever all his vocal chords. This guy does realize he is just a complete bum?

Martinez'es camp even said they didnt wanna fight Pirog and would like an EASIER FIGHT, so enter a no-name UK twat who isnt even known by the Hardcore boxing fans or the UK boxing fans.

Is he going to sing us a chav song next ala Gomez?

ii wikid innit , deiz calls me deh bests, innit funny this chav making dat money

Comment

Barker has no chance, I know this, you know this - so why get upset when he talks some hype?

Of course he's going to say he believes he can win. If he goes in there with no confidence he'll be too scared to throw and the fight is going to suck.

Comment

I am annoyed at Barker for fighting this bum but i suppose after winning this Darren can go on to fight Pirog etc.

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
                    I am annoyed at Barker for fighting this bum but i suppose after winning this Darren can go on to fight Pirog etc.
                    Martinez better not knock Barker down..

Comment

Working...
                    X