Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I honestly had no idea how anybody thought Jones would beat Hopkins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vercingetorix3 View Post
    Now Hopkins should be a man of his word and fight the winner of Dawson-Johnson II, otherwise known as Chad Dawson.
    Watching Dawson-Johnson II you'd think he was known as Chad Johnson.

I'm glad that Roy and Hopkins took these tune-up fights because Hopkins-Jones II would have been a waste of time based on what we saw today.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        Man homie, that was gut wrenching. Roy is one of my favorites.

Comment

At least he didn't get really hurt

Comment

roy only lost cause he was weight drained.....any takers? anyone anyone? damn it

Comment

Pure nuthugging on my part had me trying to convince myself Roy could still beat Hopkins, but I never really thought he would.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                Fortunately it didn't. Maybe we will see Hopkins in a real fight now. Or he could take on Danny Green...
                I expected more from you. You know just as well as anyone that getting stopped by someone who can punch like a mule in 90 seconds doesn't mean you will not be able to beat someone who can't.

Roy vs Nard would have been very competitive with Roy coming out on top.

Speed would have been the deciding factor in low punch output chess match. Roy would have beaten Nard to the punch every time.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  I expected more from you. You know just as well as anyone that getting stopped by someone who can punch like a mule in 90 seconds doesn't mean you will not be able to beat someone who can't.

Speed would have been the deciding factor in low punch output chess match. Roy would have beaten Nard to the punch every time.
                  Green is not a huge puncher. He can punch but he couldn't dent Mundine who got punched out by Ottke nor Markus Beyer who doesn't have the most stellar chin.

Hopkins still got the respect of Pavlik and Calzaghe.

Thinking Jones could be competitive with any top fighter let alone beat them right now is simply deluding yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

Who are you kidding? green can punch, but he can not punch like a mule, he isn't that big of a puncher himself. Stop kidding yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                      Watching Dawson-Johnson II you'd think he was known as Chad Johnson.

I'm glad that Roy and Hopkins took these tune-up fights because Hopkins-Jones II would have been a waste of time based on what we saw today.
                      What did we see today? I saw Roy for the most part controlling the first round with feints and the jab, then getting caught with a right hand behind the ear from a guy who can punch.

Roy can't take the best punch in the world any more, we get it. Bernard can't give the best punch in the world, so how is that relevant?

When you get down the the nitty gritty of how the fight would play out, you come out with a situation that would play into Roy's best asset, his still phenomenal hand speed.

Comment

Working...
                      X