Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pacquiao the most beloved boxer since Ali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    That's what the thread is all about. What Pac means to the people In the Phillipines and to Filipinos in general.
    Exactly, but some people dont think the world exists outside their own country.

Comment

A lot of people didn't like Ali, but I'm a big fan of Ali. I don't like Pacquiao though.

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
        To me it's folish to hate a guy for having nuthuggers.

I don't really care much about them.
        cosign bro. each fighter have their own share of nuthuggers with that said this person might hate each and every boxer on the planet

Comment

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
          Exactly, but some people dont think the world exists outside their own country.

True, similar to the effect Usain Bolt has on Jamaicans. He is more than just an athlete, he has become the track version of Bob Marley. He's almost untouchable cause he brings so much joy and happiness to the Jamaicans worldwide. Beeine Man once said "We don't trust politicians, only an artist or a football (soccer) player can make peace in Jamaica".

Well Usain Bolt is not a soccer player but the impact he has on Jamaicans is just incredible....and you better believe that when Usain Bolt steps on the track you won't see any rudeboys in Kingston running around killing people. Nah they are all at home watching "The lighting Bolt strike again".

Two different people in different sports but they still have a lot in common because of what they represent.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr449 View Post
            I know....lol. He had the biggest mouth in the history of boxing, dissing his opponents big time...awesome verbal skills, nice ryming(sp), (he woulda made a great rapper...lol.

No respect whatsoever! And he beat their asses. Lotsa people hated, disliked him or lost respect for him when he refused to fight in a war he didn't believe was right. I loved him. Probably my all time fav boxer.
            True..Ali was amazing!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Talk about two different personalities and of course boxing accomplishments. Comparing Manny to Ali in regards to boxing stature and greatness to determined who’s more “beloved “is beyond apples and oranges. Ali marginalized greatness in an era of which the heavyweight scene was arguably at its peak not to mention the turbulent decade that transcended his out of ring persona which even crossed cultural/color lines. Manny on the other hand lacks that persona in the sense that he never had a signature style of appealing to the media through his words as say an Ali, not to mention that he’s mostly beloved in his native land as suppose to an Ali who is beloved internationally. Not to knock Manny on any personal tip but to compare the two on the popularity/beloved scale is so off the mark.

Peace.

Comment

Working...
              X