Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermain Taylor vs Les Sherrington in Play For The Fall?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermain Taylor vs Les Sherrington in Play For The Fall?

Today WBF middleweight World Champion and current WBO world number 8 Les ‘Lock n load’ Sherrington announced his opponent for his upcoming June 7 main event bout. Sherrington, who will headline the much, anticipated “Smithy brings the big fights 4” announced today that he will be taking on Argentine middleweight Jorge Dario David Gomez.

Sherrington said, “I look forward to this challenge with Jorge, it’s been over 8 years since I’ve fought someone taller than me and he has a great knockout record. I feel fighting the taller fighter will bring more to the table for me to enhance my boxing skills. This is a new challenge for me.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sounds like a great fight for Aussie boxing if it comes off,would imagine a guy of jermaine Taylor's quality would put a beat down on Sherrington though.

Comment

WBF has more credibility than the WBC... and I don't even know WTF the WBF is

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        WBF has more credibility than the WBC... and I don't even know WTF the WBF is
        UBF>WBF>WBC

Comment

you won't find a bigger JT fan here than me.

circa '06, baby.

all of that said, taylor should have never even entered the SS. he should ahve been retired for many years now. there's no reason at all for him to keep fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jr John View Post
            Sounds like a great fight for Aussie boxing if it comes off,would imagine a guy of jermaine Taylor's quality would put a beat down on Sherrington though.

i pity aussie boxing if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

circa '06, baby.

all of that said, taylor should have never even entered the SS. he should ahve been retired for many years now. there's no reason at all for him to keep fighting.
              Yeah there is - he needs money. It's sad that it has come to this.
              Only twice in the last ten years have I had a legitimate lump in my throat because of boxing - The first time was when I got the news that Corrales had died on his motorcycle, and the second time was when AA knocked out Taylor in the Super 6.
              Like you, I wish he would retire for good.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

circa '06, baby.

I didn't even know Jermaine was still in the game.

The guy is as washed up as they come and with his athleticism he was someone who everyone thought had huge potential.

Kind of a pity now. At least he can say he added to the legendary legacy of one Bernard Hopkins.

Comment

So sad to see Taylor and Campas being talked about in the same context...

Comment

Working...
                  X