No announcement yet.

Oscar De La Hoya wears shoe lifts LOL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bbos View Post
    so its not fake to wear shoe lifts? and wearing something that makes life easier? lol I see that as taking the coward's way out.
    The coward's way out?

Oh ****. I have to wear contacts because I've got bad eyesight. Guess I'm a ***** and I'm taking the cowards way out because I wanted to see. That ******* on the sidewalk in a wheelchair? Nah, Nah. Fuck that. He's gotta' drag his legs around and crawl with his hands. Girlfriend wearing makeup? Hell no. Be yourself and don't try to look better. Fake ass trick.

You're a ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
      The coward's way out?

Oh ****. I have to wear contacts because I've got bad eyesight. Guess I'm a ***** and I'm taking the cowards way out because I wanted to see. That ******* on the sidewalk in a wheelchair? Nah, Nah. Fuck that. He's gotta' drag his legs around and crawl with his hands. Girlfriend wearing makeup? Hell no. Be yourself and don't try to look better. Fake ass trick.

You're a ******.
      that wheel chair analogy is a no no, and come down buddy no need to get mad, i think you are taking this a bit too personal.

why does he have to conceal them? if he is not a coward for wearing shoe lifts why not wear high heels then? or rather platform shoes? if YOU wear shoe lifts then you are living a lie, and YOU most likely have self hatred.

do you consider stuffing a chick's bra the same as putting on make up? make up is apparent and obvious while the prior is meant to be subtle and unnoticeable, they are intentions with a different nature.

Comment

why does he have to conceal them? if he is not a coward for wearing shoe lifts why not wear high heels then? or rather platform shoes? if YOU wear shoe lifts then you are living a lie, and YOU most likely have self hatred.
        Because assuming he wears stepups to appear more average and blend in to some regard I'm pretty sure high heels and platform shoes would do the opposite.

do you consider stuffing a chick's bra the same as putting on make up? make up is apparent and obvious while the prior is meant to be subtle and unnoticeable, they are intentions with a different nature.
        I'm glad you're talking about how the comparisons are stupid; because that's the point. All the comparisons are stupid; yours and mine. There is nothing to discuss. A dude is wearing stepups. It doesn't mean he's ashamed of who he is or afraid or anything ******ed; it just means he wants to be taller. It's not a sign of weakness or anything stupid you might try to imply.

Comment

Because assuming he wears stepups to appear more average and blend in to some regard I'm pretty sure high heels and platform shoes would do the opposite.

I'm glad you're talking about how the comparisons are stupid; because that's the point. All the comparisons are stupid; yours and mine. There is nothing to discuss. A dude is wearing stepups. It doesn't mean he's ashamed of who he is or afraid or anything ******ed; it just means he wants to be taller. It's not a sign of weakness or anything stupid you might try to imply.
          so conformity to the masses by deceiving others is a valued trait in your book huh?

and no my comparison of a man with shoe lifts to a woman with stuff bra has more similarities then one where as analogizing shoe lifts to disabled wheel chair victims has little merit to begin with.

Comment

so conformity to the masses by deceiving others is a valued trait in your book huh?

and no my comparison of a man with shoe lifts to a woman with stuff bra has more similarities then one where as analogizing shoe lifts to disabled wheel chair victims has little merit to begin with.
            Conforming to the masses? He's Oscar De La ****ing Hoya. He's gonna' be that no matter where he goes. It's not like he's suddenly trying to blend in with the crowd because he went up a few inches. But if it means people wont talk down to him as much (direction, not attitude) or just make him feel comfortable by making others comfortable around him then so what?

No; the comparisons are still stupid. What about a woman who just pushes her **** together a little to make them a little bigger? Or shading in to appear to have more cleavage? Where do you draw the line from trying to look better to pretending to be somewhere else? This is a stupid conversation. Quit judging people based on crap.

Comment

How is it fake? Unless you have a video of him standing next to somebody his natural height and calling them short or belittling his height all he is doing is wearing something that makes life a little bit easier whether it be psychological to him or others around to make it more aesthetically pleasing.
              No, that would make him a hypocrite as well as fake.

I agree though, who gives a ****, people are always looking for ways to look and feel better. Shoe lifts don't make him fake, it does make him kind of insecure though.

Comment

Conforming to the masses? He's Oscar De La ****ing Hoya. He's gonna' be that no matter where he goes. It's not like he's suddenly trying to blend in with the crowd because he went up a few inches. But if it means people wont talk down to him as much (direction, not attitude) or just make him feel comfortable by making others comfortable around him then so what?

No; the comparisons are still stupid. What about a woman who just pushes her **** together a little to make them a little bigger? Or shading in to appear to have more cleavage? Where do you draw the line from trying to look better to pretending to be somewhere else? This is a stupid conversation. Quit judging people based on crap.
                quit contradicting yourself my man

"Because assuming he wears stepups to appear more average and blend in to some regard "

sounds like comformity to me... and if he is oscar de la ****ing hoya then why bother secretly enhance his height? to see other men eye to eye you say? why you can do that with platform shoes, i'm sure its easier then the clandestine process of stuffing his shoes.

and a women push her **** togather, well she is just working with what she's got.

If you see a man with shoe lifts what crosses your mind? insecurity, emotionally unstable, ashamed of being short? attempting to appease others? the list goes on and on
                Last edited by bbos; 08-17-2009, 01:16 AM.

Comment

quit contradicting yourself my man

"Because assuming he wears stepups to appear more average and blend in to some regard "

sounds like comformity to me... and if he is oscar de la ****ing hoya then why bother secretly enhance his height? to see other men eye to eye you say? why you can do that with platform shoes, i'm sure its easier then the clandestine process of stuffing his shoes.
                  So you imagine being talked down to if you're shorter than the average man to be fun? Seriously, take 5 seconds and try to put yourself in somebody else's shoes (no pun intended I assure you). As far as the conformity; the point isn't about him wanting to fit in; just not stand out in a negative way.

and a women push her **** togather, well she is just working with what she's got.

If you see a man with shoe lifts what crosses your mind? insecurity, emotionally unstable, ashamed of being short?
                  True story: I have an uncle who lost an eye when he was in Vietnam. He's a perfectly sane, likeable, and well adjusted person. However, he wears a fake eye most of the time I see him. I know that he isn't concerned about what he looks like; but there's another side of it. By making others around you more comfortable it makes you more comfortable by default. This can go with almost anything; height included.

But I'm done responding. I can't believe I put this many posts in on a thread responding to some dude with a foot fetish looking to bag on ODLH.

Comment

So you imagine being talked down to if you're shorter than the average man to be fun? Seriously, take 5 seconds and try to put yourself in somebody else's shoes (no pun intended I assure you). As far as the conformity; the point isn't about him wanting to fit in; just not stand out in a negative way.
                    so your saying he is ashamed of being himself...

True story: I have an uncle who lost an eye when he was in Vietnam. He's a perfectly sane, likeable, and well adjusted person. However, he wears a fake eye most of the time I see him. I know that he isn't concerned about what he looks like; but there's another side of it. By making others around you more comfortable it makes you more comfortable by default. This can go with almost anything; height included.

I would be uncomfortable around a man with an empty eye socket, would I be uncomfortable around people of short stature? would you? your making this certain human height issue as some sort of a disease. news flash, there is no absolute definition of how tall someone should be, people come from all walks of life, variety and traits. I think you are living in holywood land where everyone should be 6ft tall.
                    Last edited by bbos; 08-17-2009, 01:55 AM.

Comment

either way, hes still pretty tall, 5'10".

Comment

Working...
                      X