Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know what really grinds my gears about Ricky Hatton vs Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

I hate the anthems when rewatching recorded fights, but the females in my household seems to like that part a lot so I have to go through it everytime I put on the DVD.

Comment

what ****s me off is that are both multi millionaires, so money isnt a problem, ricky says he wants to fight the p4p no. 1, its not as if hes not getting paid, man of the people, my arse, just fight

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          Is that you just know there's going to be THREE national anthems! Yeah, as if some Brit "singing" God Save the Queen or whatever the hell it is isn't bad enough we gotta listen to some semi-cute Filipino chick who wouldn't even make it on American Idol go on and on, then of course America HAS to be represented so most likely some R&B singer will come out and make the song so much longer then it really needs to be! So 30 minutes after the fighters enter the ring the fight will finally start, damn it I hate that ****!
          The anthems are part of the build up... but I want a traditional American Anthem... not some butterfly like Justin Timberlake. Don't R&B the National Anthem.... **** is disgraceful

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet_Storm View Post
            I don't mind, it adds to the atmosphere.
            I agree with this. I do admit sometimes the over sung R&B renditions are unnecessary.

Comment

In the Pac-DLH fight, they had 3 national anthems. I had no problem with Philippines and the US but why the Mexican as well. Wasn't Oscar born in the US? Just curious...

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
                I agree with this. I do admit sometimes the over sung R&B renditions are unnecessary.
                hey, let me ask you this... is that you with Merchant in your profile pic? If so, what did you think of him? I tried to interview him when I was with Ringside Report... he was an ass to me.

Comment

seriously, it takes forever. and we never get a good version of the American anthem. it would be nice if they did a traditional one, but instead we have to put up with well known singers who cant actually sing good at all live and butcher the anthem.

the last good American anthem I heard at a boxing match was by that one young mexican girl.

HBO people need to learn how to fix this stuff. add the national anthems with the incredibly too long ring walks and stalls inbetween fights and youve got yourself at least an hour. Its very irritating.

Comment

imma ask my cable company for a refund if Tyrese sings the anthem

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                      imma ask my cable company for a refund if Tyrese sings the anthem
                      I'll call HBO and request to have Carl Lewis sing the national anthem.

Comment

Working...
                      X