• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          Does this cover subgenres like grindcore, powerviolence, and sludge? Or is it going to be another one of those threads where everybody just lists radio bands like Slipknot and Metallica?
          oh yes it does dude... anything metal... (and ive seen u took the plunge in this thread so thank you!)

thrash was what led me to metal... but sludge i've grown to appreciate through the years... (melvins, isis and jesu)

when 'tallica was slowly going mainstream, i listened to a lot of these guys...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            Pantera is my favorite band of all time. I'm a big fan of thrash. Going to see SLAYER and Anthrax in 5 days...
            are they still doing the BIG 4 thing there?

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
              are they still doing the BIG 4 thing there?
              No they are just both on the same bill. Mayhem Fest. Slipknot is headlining...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                oh yes it does dude... anything metal... (and ive seen u took the plunge in this thread so thank you!)

thrash was what led me to metal... but sludge i've grown to appreciate through the years... (melvins, isis and jesu)

when 'tallica was slowly going mainstream, i listened to a lot of these guys...
                You'll probably dig Lamb Of God. They're pretty much carrying the torch for Thrash/Groove these days...

Comment

loved old metallica, pantera, black sabbath, ozzy during my high school days

not strictly heavy metal but also loved and still love faith no more, mr bungle, alice in chains old soundgarden stuff

not really familiar with recent metal acts as i've started to enjoy more "old people" music: bb king, robert cray etc
                  Last edited by pnksntdead; 06-25-2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                    No they are just both on the same bill. Mayhem Fest. Slipknot is headlining...

these bands had never gone here in singapore... youre all lucky to have those guys up there...

but luckily our local metal scene is quite vibrant (still, i guess) though i haven't been in a gig for quite some time now...

i still have cassette tapes of sacred reich, nuclear assault, kreator and suicidal tendencies...

Comment

Originally posted by pnksntdead View Post
                      loved old metallica, pantera, black sabbath, ozzy during my high school days

not strictly heavy metal but also loved and still love faith no more, mr bungle, alice in chains old soundgarden stuff

not really familiar with recent metal acts as i've started to enjoy more "old people" music: bb king, robert cray etc
                      my taste was quite varied enough to listen (and love) more mainstream guys like black label society, tesla and the black crowes during my highschool days...

Comment

Working...
                      X