No announcement yet.

Best way to mix whey protien powder without a blender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to mix whey protien powder without a blender

My magic bullet broke, and I've been having a difficult time mixing my protien powder with milk. It ends up getting all chunky and just have to take it the way it is. Any reccomendations on a better way to mix this without a blender?

Originally posted by FM3O View Post
    My magic bullet broke, and I've been having a difficult time mixing my protien powder with milk. It ends up getting all chunky and just have to take it the way it is. Any reccomendations on a better way to mix this without a blender?
    Get a mixing cup from your local gym for 10 dollars or go to super supplements and get one for 2 dollars.

Then, shake it, come one, shake it, shake it sugah, shake it like a polaroid picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Jab View Post
      Get a mixing cup from your local gym for 10 dollars or go to super supplements and get one for 2 dollars.

Then, shake it, come one, shake it, shake it sugah, shake it like a polaroid picture.
      Where are you from man? You have to be from the NW, right?

TS: Get yourself one of these.

Last edited by -The Glove-; 05-18-2010, 03:40 PM.

Comment

i have never used a blender of any sort (except for shaker bottle) for my whey protein even when using milk unless its an actual shake with a banana and such. the trick is to not dump the cup in the milk at 1 time or pre dump the powder before adding the milk.

-put in the milk
        -get 1 scoop ready
        -have spoon in milk
        -start stirring like a maniac
        -slowly add the whey protein little by little until its all mixed in and keep stirring for another 30 seconds to a minute

no chunk whey protein mix
        also if it still happens then the quality of your whey protein for mixing purposes isnt that great. ive never had any problems with eas, ON 100%\natural\hydro, or gaspari nutrition
        Last edited by g0tcha; 05-18-2010, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I'm gonna have to try that out g0tcha. What's so special about mixing containers? what mkes them different from any cup with a lid?

Comment

I'm gonna have to try that out g0tcha. What's so special about mixing containers? what mkes them different from any cup with a lid?
            I can tell youre new to all of this. seriously, youll never need a blender. Ive never had one. Just get a cup from GNC, or any nutrional store. Shake contents with liquid. no chunks. Done.

Comment

I shake it hard ten times and there's no chunks...wait till it stops bubbling then drink...no ****...

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                Where are you from man? You have to be from the NW, right?

TS: Get yourself one of these.

Yup, that mixer bottle workers wonders for me. Zero problems with that...UNLESS you got some thick ass protein that requires a heck of a lot of mix and not enough liquid. That will generally come out chunky no matter how hard you mix.

Comment

they having something either a ball or a disk that will break up the whey protein to prevent clumping. also its just convenient if you go to the gym and say you have an hour ride home or 45 minutes. timing protein is important for not only building muscle if thats your goal but muscle recover. need to get a fast digesting protein i.e. whey within 30 minutes after you finish working out to activate rebuilding/recovering muscles and to prevent catabolic state

Comment

I often use a glass of milk and a spoon. What I do is I put just a tiny bit of milk in the glass and mix the whey protein powder or whatever with that, until it's a thick goo. Then I add some milk, stir some more, add more milk etc and so on until it's done. Works very well. Sometimes I use a small fork, but a spoon is fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X