Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do people believe pure boxers can't Street Fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because most people don't have any idea what the fuk they're talking about

Comment

People seem to have this ridiculous idea that boxers would try to fight the exact same way they do in a professional fight if they got into a street fight. Pay attention to how people talk about boxers in street fights and they talk about them trying to run and dance and ****.

Some people are just stupid. You try your best and if they don't want to listen, that's on them.

Comment

Also, people have this ridiculous idea that fighters like Malignaggi and Bradley and other guys who don't hit particularly hard in a boxing sense can't hit hard compared to everyone. They don't understand that Paulie would **** you up with a single punch if he lands flush on you. They are unable to understand the difference between professional boxers taking punches with gloves on and those same pros landing with bare fists on someone who doesn't fight for a living.

It's really pure stupidity.

Comment

Yeah my family try to say that to me all the time...like " u wont win a street fight tho"...Stupid I was street fighting, fighting out of a southpaw stance before i learned boxing.....And people say boxing dont work in a street fight which is false all you have to do is change up a few things depending on the situation....Any dude trained for atleast a 10 months should have no problem finishing some jackass with a 1,2 combo

Comment

I still remember when i first start sparring and seeing everything that goes into training a fighter...Im like regular dudes dont have a chance in hell of beating these dudes......every exchange gonna feel like life and death for a regular dude.

Comment

44-0 on the streets.
              Im undefeated

Shht two times my opponent took his shirt off
              And said lets get down,
              I literally took my shirt , my basketball shorts and boxers right off along with my shoes .I was naked in socks with 8 inches of meat flapping around
              , they both looked at me like wtf is that and walked away .

So you could say im 44-0 with 2 no contests

Comment

Originally posted by S.I.M.P View Post
                It only takes one accurate punch to KO someone.....most of these boxing guys grew up street fighting and younger ages...one timely punch right to the jaw and booooooooommmm your Knock the F out...

PS these guys are athletes they won't get tired after 4 swings in a street fight. ...
                Boxers can do good at "street fighting" but the difference is, in a street fight 95% of the time your not gonna have time to square up and pick your shots. Its a spur of the moment type thing in a street fight. Plus u gotta add in all the other things that "could" happen in a street fight such as kicking, elbows, grabbing, etc. A boxer will be completely tired after 3 mintutes in a street fight compare to fighting in the ring for 4-5 rounds. In a boxing match u can pace yourself by moving around the ring, in a street fight, i dont think u can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                  I still remember when i first start sparring and seeing everything that goes into training a fighter...Im like regular dudes dont have a chance in hell of beating these dudes......every exchange gonna feel like life and death for a regular dude.
                  yeah but in a street fight all that goes out the window. The boxer is gonna have to look out for grabbing, kicking. u think in a street fight, the person u're fighting is gonna just stand there and try to take turns trading with u?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    People seem to have this ridiculous idea that boxers would try to fight the exact same way they do in a professional fight if they got into a street fight. Pay attention to how people talk about boxers in street fights and they talk about them trying to run and dance and ****.

Some people are just stupid. You try your best and if they don't want to listen, that's on them.
                    so tell us, how would a boxer fight in a street fight then? A boxers first instinct will be to square up and box.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Also, people have this ridiculous idea that fighters like Malignaggi and Bradley and other guys who don't hit particularly hard in a boxing sense can't hit hard compared to everyone. They don't understand that Paulie would **** you up with a single punch if he lands flush on you. They are unable to understand the difference between professional boxers taking punches with gloves on and those same pros landing with bare fists on someone who doesn't fight for a living.

It's really pure stupidity.
                      Even the most feather-fisted boxer could knock out a random guy on the streets.

Comment

Working...
                      X