No announcement yet.

A Cuban Boxer's Journey: Rigondeaux, from Castro's Traitor to American Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
    I hope they mention his current pro boxing achievements in the movie like his win over Noneedfora Donut back in April 2013.
    Or 2009's Igotaneedfor Pussy, from Thailand.

Comment

The book is only available electronically and its sold on all major online retailers.

Comment

Interesting, I sat down and started reading Rigo's book ,after about 3min I had to get off my seat and leave the room because it was so boring.

Book publishers are going to have their hands full trying to sell this one

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
          Interesting, I sat down and started reading Rigo's book ,after about 3min I had to get off my seat and leave the room because it was so boring.

Lol man bro you're a hater

Comment

You prob haven't read a book since middle school so I can understand

Comment

Just finished reading it and i have to say it's a very well written book. I'm just amazed by how much ground it covered over the span of 13 chapters.The insight on Rigo and the mystery that engulfs him is very intriguing. The difficult choices he made and the burden of regret he wears everyday are dreadful. To have reached what he has reached is outstanding, a true champion. Sadly it's as if Rigo's greatness is overlooked by America and labeled as defiance by his homeland, thus ignored in both lands. New found respect for Cuba's "traitor" champions and what they stand for. Good read.

Comment

Maybe Margarito or Canelo or whoever you support will have an "exciting" book one day.

A boring book is better than no book, I must say.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                  Just finished reading it and i have to say it's a very well written book. I'm just amazed by how much ground it covered over the span of 13 chapters.The insight on Rigo and the mystery that engulfs him is very intriguing. The difficult choices he made and the burden of regret he wears everyday are dreadful. To have reached what he has reached is outstanding, a true champion. Sadly it's as if Rigo's greatness is overlooked by America and labeled as defiance by his homeland, thus ignored in both lands. New found respect for Cuba's "traitor" champions and what they stand for. Good read.
                  Already finished? Must've been a page-turner. Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the review.

Comment

LMAO at Americas champion.... No one outside the hardcore boxing world has ever even heard his name or seen his face.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Already finished? Must've been a page-turner. Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the review.
                      No problem, it was indeed a page turner. It doesn't only discuss Rigo but it also dives into Cuba's deep athletic prowess and the difficult decisions many of Her boxers made in the past. One example is found when 3 time heavy weight Olympic champion Felix Savon turned down a 25 million( or so) dollar deal from Don King to leave Cuba and face Mike Tyson. His reply to King, and i quote, "I'm already a millionaire. If I need to, i can knock on any door in my country and find a million friends to offer me a peso or a piece of bread. I would never trade the love of my people for all the money in the world."

Damn it man***8230; that there is just***8230; beyond words when i read it lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X