Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Mayweather go back to "moving" against Pacquiao or does he "stay in the pocket"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right in the pocket

Comment

He doesn't have to move, he's the stronger guy. I see him typing Manny up plenty, when Manny decides to come in, Floyd will push his head down and put his weight on Pacquiao. Floyd got this, don't want to sound like a ***** but all Pacquiao has is a punchers chance.

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
        everytime ORtiz Opened up Floyd went in reverse, Floyd will not stand in there with manny as much as he says he will, He will not and if he tries he gets hurt Mannys got quicker hands than anybody Floyd has faced and bigger power
        Duh. Did you expected him be stood there in close range and let Ortiz got his shots off? Did you seen when at few times he backed up Ortiz onto the rope, but he wouldn't stepped in closer to reached Ortiz. It proved that he'll always leave himself invulnerable and be in a defensive position after he throws regardless of whether he is fighting backward or coming forward.

Manny is a mid-range Boxer. Once you create enough space to keep him out of reach range by using your jab and feints to disrupt his rhythm, then he'll get desperate and jump right on to you to fire off his shots, but none of the guys that he has fought recently never set up their best power punch behind their jab after they used it as a distraction to kept him at bay.
        Last edited by Carpe Diem; 09-29-2011, 04:30 PM.

Comment

If Mayweather stays in the pocket he gets KTFO!!!!

He needs to stick and move almost like he did vs Hatton!

An if his legs are gone like people are alluding to(wich I dont think so) he gets KTFO.

He needs his legs to win, if he stays flat footed, Pacquiao will just turn hiss ass and beat him to the punch over and over!

Pacquiao is faster, with his hands and feet, hits harder and is a volume puncher with a better chin!!

Floyd has a better jab, way better defense and good movement, thats what he shoudl try and do!!

Comment

Why do some of y'all automatically thinks that fighting less mobile is as equivalent as fighting flat-footed in close range? It sounds like some of you are assuming that he'll stand in as close as Margarito did against Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Hisoka_ View Post
              He doesn't have to move, he's the stronger guy. I see him typing Manny up plenty, when Manny decides to come in, Floyd will push his head down and put his weight on Pacquiao. Floyd got this, don't want to sound like a ***** but all Pacquiao has is a punchers chance.
              great post...i seriously cant see Manny getting off on Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                how did ortiz get off on floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post

Ortiz got off when ever he wanted to, so WTf are you mumbling about? LMAO!

And spare me the, "Floyd is bigger and stronger(wich he is not)", cuz Floyd would outweights Pac by 3 pounds top. Pacquiao has handle much bigger guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                    If Mayweather stays in the pocket he gets KTFO!!!!

He needs to stick and move almost like he did vs Hatton!

An if his legs are gone like people are alluding to(wich I dont think so) he gets KTFO.

He needs his legs to win, if he stays flat footed, Pacquiao will just turn hiss ass and beat him to the punch over and over!

Pacquiao is faster, with his hands and feet, hits harder and is a volume puncher with a better chin!!

Floyd has a better jab, way better defense and good movement, thats what he shoudl try and do!!
                    Solution: Make him fight at long range, and he'll be off balance whenever he lunges in and out. You can neutralize speed by creating enough space for yourself so that you'd have time to react and beat your opponent to the punch/es first. Cotto tried to stepped in closer to fired off his shots first, but Manny had the upper hand to utilized his speed to his advantage in that exchanged because he didn't had to be off balance or out of position to aimed directly at his target.

Same thing with JMM, he neutralized Manny's movement and speed when he kept his distance from Manny and had enough time to analyzed his every moves, but whenever he decided to closed in to fired off his combos, Manny had the upper hand to displayed his faster hands speed and got his shots off first in those exchanges.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                      Against Manny, does Floyd revert back to moving?
                      think it would not matter...

pac is already deep in floyd's head...

most likely the fight won't happen...

if it does, floyd will get blown away...

Comment

Working...
                      X