No announcement yet.

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of the PS3 slim compared to the 60GB PS3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I guess having a 320GB PS3 can be used for other things other than games can't it? I'm not too familiar with the PS3 cause all I did was play games on my bro's PS3. Never really messed around with it.
    You can put your music and videos on the PS3 easily.

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
      You can put your music and videos on the PS3 easily.
      I use my psp to stream movies off it. And I use programs like mkv2vob for 1080p movies. Also, tsmuxer is a good program too if the 1080p movie has multiple audio files and you want to cut one of the audio files out. My psp has a 16gb memory stick in it, its awesome.

And yes I know some ps3 users stream their movies from their computer to their ps3 but that is wasting alot of bandwidth when you do that and you also need an extremly fast connection like a 50mbps connection so it doesn't stop while playing. My connection is fast a 3-4mbps but not fast enough to stream hd from computer to ps3.

Comment

the PS3's internet browser is awesome too, it's a great substitute for those times when your own connection is messed up and you can just pick up someone elses signal to get online and still keep up with your day to day online activities. you can also stream live fights the way you would on a PC, it's truly awesome.

I use an external hard drive, it's a TB so there is plenty of room and all I have to do is connect it using a USB cord and all my movies and media coes out without even having to copy it over to the PS3 I can just keep it in my hard drive and just plug it in when I want to watch something.

I feel it's best to keep up to date, honestly you can just buy an external SD reader slot compatible with USB 2.0 and use that not only on your PS3 but on anything that could read it such as PC, Lap Top etc.. and it's only like 10-15$ and nowadays they basically giving away PS2's free on Craigslist, those 2 features aren't really anything special.

To each is own though, I still say go with the 320gb PS Move bundle and keep up to date with the games

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
          the PS3's internet browser is awesome too, it's a great substitute for those times when your own connection is messed up and you can just pick up someone elses signal to get online and still keep up with your day to day online activities. you can also stream live fights the way you would on a PC, it's truly awesome.

I use an external hard drive, it's a TB so there is plenty of room and all I have to do is connect it using a USB cord and all my movies and media coes out without even having to copy it over to the PS3 I can just keep it in my hard drive and just plug it in when I want to watch something.

I feel it's best to keep up to date, honestly you can just buy an external SD reader slot compatible with USB 2.0 and use that not only on your PS3 but on anything that could read it such as PC, Lap Top etc.. and it's only like 10-15$ and nowadays they basically giving away PS2's free on Craigslist, those 2 features aren't really anything special.

To each is own though, I still say go with the 320gb PS Move bundle and keep up to date with the games
          How do you do that? I tried using mines but the PS3 wouldn't read it. I read that you had to change the format of the external hardrive but all you're info will get lost in the process. Is that true?

Comment

Working...
          X