Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Coach: We Are Not Inventing a New Division!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 fights in row were catchweight fights in 155. How it's not inventing a new division.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      Hope this isn't left to fly. It will be a new trend just like the ones Mayweather started and fighters would often use the excuse "But Pacquiao does it".

Imagine if Mayweather fought the welterweights with a limit of 141.
      Fixed........

Comment

This is bs bro. Quit this catch weight crap! You're not inventing a new weight division but this is where he feels best so you're not moving up... Ok that's great just don't require your opponent to do the same

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
          'Nelo Weight' is definitely a new weight class...and the name itself says EVERYTHING!!!! LMAO....that said, the kid is STILL the reigning CASHCOW from 54-60....what you gonna do?....go against the grain and eat crumbs or know your role and shut your mouth to eat lavish dishes?!?...not saying it's fair but not many things in life are...just because you wouldn't attack or eat a lion doesn't mean the lion won't attack and try to eat you
          Yeah, with Floyd and Cotto out of the picture, Canelo is the only mega fight available for GGG now. He'll have to bend over and accept ginger's A-side conditions or wait until Canelo gets stripped and say goodbye to the $$$$$

GGG will have to decide what he truly wants most: the biggest payday of his career of unifying the MW belts.

I think he'll accept Canelo's demands in the end, he was eager to move down to 154 for the Floyd match, because it was the biggest moneymaker available for him. well, now the same thing applies to Canelo

If GGG moves down to 155 and still beats the crap outta Canelo he's gonna get a ton of respect and $$$$ and all the marbles. And if he's as great as we think it is, he should be able to do it.

Comment

WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman wants to see the governing body's new middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and WBA, IBO and IBF titleholder Gennady “GGG” Golovkin on the same bill on Cinco De Mayo weekend 2016, but not necessarily fighting each other yet.

??? But I thought they were going to take Canelos belt away???

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              At the end of the day i want to see what the WBC do, especially if Canelo doesn't drop the belt.
              Not SHT! They know where the $$$$$ is at. Se my previous post.

Comment

If Golovkin wasn't at 160, Canelo would already be there. Canelo wanted 156 for Cotto and Cotto pushed for 155, now Canelo's dedicated to 155. I'm fine with it, GGG/Canelo needs to marinate another year, but Canelo is not the MW champion.

If Canelo wants to stay at 155lbs, he should have guys from 154 come up 1lb. J-Rock, Charlo's, Andrade, Nelson, Soro, Liam Smith, Martirosyn, Rabchenko, Hatley, Centeno, and Cota are all fair game and guys he should be looking to fight. If Canelo fights Tim Bradley, the boxing world should boycott that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                  Canelo is scared to fight someone his own size. Kind of pathetic.
                  Angulo actually outweighed him? Lara who GGG won't fight was 5 lbs less than him. And these are WEIGHTS on day of the fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    If Golovkin wasn't at 160, Canelo would already be there. Canelo wanted 156 for Cotto and Cotto pushed for 155, now Canelo's dedicated to 155. I'm fine with it, GGG/Canelo needs to marinate another year, but Canelo is not the MW champion.

If Canelo wants to stay at 155lbs, he should have guys from 154 come up 1lb. J-Rock, Charlo's, Andrade, Nelson, Soro, Liam Smith, Martirosyn, Rabchenko, Hatley, Centeno, and Cota are all fair game and guys he should be looking to fight. If Canelo fights Tim Bradley, the boxing world should boycott that ****.
                    I agree it shouldn't of been for the MW strap. But WTF is EVERYONE crying about on the other 4 CW's??? The ONLY one for a belt was Floyd's???? And I'm 100000% sure Floyd wanted that! Even this CW favored Cotto more???

I have NO Problem with CW's! As long as it's not for a belt...

AND who said the 155 has to be for all the belts??? Or any of GGG's???

There's a BUNCH of fights where only one fighters belts are on the line.

Comment

Of course not, you just want to fight at a division that doesn't exist yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X