No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by denium View Post
    It's usually about 10pm possibly a tad earlier. I know Hughie Fury is on the undercard, not sure about anyone else. I think Freedom might have posted the full card in the Heavyweight general thread.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Nice, thanks. 10pm is earlier than I expected to be fair!

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
      They're trying to find man boobs on Wlad - something almost every Fury opponent to date had.
      How many Wlad opponents can you mention who didn't have moobs in the last 7 years?

2 or 3?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        How many Wlad opponents can you mention who didn't have moobs in the last 7 years?

2 or 3?
        Comparing Fury's and Klitschko's opponents is quite silly !

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
          Comparing Fury's and Klitschko's opponents is quite silly !
          Yes it is.

Which is why I'm not.

But lets not act like Wlad has been fighting beast after beast. Most of his opponents came in totally out of shape too.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Yes it is.

Which is why I'm not.

But lets not act like Wlad has been fighting beast after beast. Most of his opponents came in totally out of shape too.
            Jennings, Pulev, Haye, Mormeck, a roided Wach, Pianeta and Peter came in the best shape of their career.

Povetkin wasn't in his best shape but his tricky footwork make him "athletic" in a certain sense.

Comment

Jennings, Pulev, Haye, Mormeck, a roided Wach, Pianeta and Peter came in the best shape of their career.

Povetkin wasn't in his best shape but his tricky footwork make him "athletic" in a certain sense.
              Fury got himself in shape... Wilder will be in shape when they eventually collide.

Comment

Povetkin was totally out of shape! Look at him now vs then. Different animal all together. Haye definitely wasn't in his best shape, but he was in good shape.

I struggle to see how Mormeck came in the best shape of his career? That's just a ridiculous statement.

Wach, Pianeta, Pulev... Some of the worst challengers for the title in 30 years.

Mormeck of course being THE worst. Alongside Leapai and Rahman in 2007.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheIcon View Post
                  Just a little question for anyone who knows, do we know what UK time we expect the fight/walk ons to actually start at? Is it usually about 11pm for the main fight?

Also, is there anything of note on the undercard?
                  Would be around 10 pm GMT.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    Did they have a clause in the contract regarding the gloves? Is it true that Fury has to use Grant's instead of Cleto Reyes'?
                    Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... In case it turns out that Klitschko forced Fury to use pillow Grants instead of puncher's Cleto Reyes, I will definitely root for the ***** from now on...
                    Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Not Grants, "Paffen" a similar type of heavily padded "safety first" glove manufactured in Germany.

The contract requires both men to wear Paffen gloves. Fury's team wanted Reyes for both, but Wlad insisted on the Paffens.

Fury was sent a pair to wear in training, to get used to how they felt, but developed pain in his thumbs.

He was told by a doctor that, because of his size, the fixed thumb design of the gloves was bad for him.

The manufacturer then sent him a customised protype pair of the same gloves, but without the fixed thumb, and Fury said they were ok.

But he still hasn't seen a finished pair of the actual gloves he will be wearing for the fight, and Bernd Bönte is saying that the issue is between Team fury and the glove manufacturer, no concern of his or Wlad's.
                    Conversation I had in another thread which I thought I'd repost here.

Anybody any thoughts on this?

Comment

• A contract is a contract but I personally believe Fury should wear what he wants as long as we are within rules and regulations.

But Team Klitschko is the boss, so there you go.

Comment

Working...
                      X