Mickey Vann: "Klitschko’s place in history is stronger than Mayweather’s"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Big difference.

In Mayweather’s first fight with Maidana, Floyd famously objected to Maidana’s choice of custom Everlast MX gloves the day before the fight and made Maidana switch to a more standard Everlast.

They had already agreed to Everlast during the negotiations, but Floyd demanded Everlast gloves with extra padding.

Klitschko-Fury have agreed to gloves during the negotiations.

There is no controversy, unless Klitschko demands gloves with extra padding the day before the fight, which of course he won't - no one would be DIVA enough to do that except Floyd.
    stop deflecting to timing and "controversy". you were wrong. be man enough to admit it.

You were slurping while infatuated and figured no one would see you.

Comment

Big difference.

In Mayweather’s first fight with Maidana, Floyd famously objected to Maidana’s choice of custom Everlast MX gloves the day before the fight and made Maidana switch to a more standard Everlast.

They had already agreed to Everlast during the negotiations, but Floyd demanded Everlast gloves with extra padding.

Klitschko-Fury have agreed to gloves during the negotiations.

There is no controversy, unless Klitschko demands gloves with extra padding the day before the fight, which of course he won't - no one would be DIVA enough to do that except Floyd.
      Stop moving the goal post,you said"KLITCHKO WOULD NEVER CHOOSE HIS OPPONENTS GLOVES"..wlad chooses EVERYTHING

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Maybe. Definitely possible.

The Furys have said only positive things about Klitschko and their teams, but Pulev was also critical.

I dont know.
        Fury to his credit worked his way up into contention Haye just talked his way in

Comment

• Originally posted by alx. View Post
          floyd will go down as the more dominant fighter because he won titles in multiple divions, but he ducked top competition, wlad fought everyone there was even if the division was poor, that, in my eyes gets more respect.
          like who???i want to hear this

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Stop moving the goal post,you said"KLITCHKO WOULD NEVER CHOOSE HIS OPPONENTS GLOVES"
            No, I said:

Unlike Mayweather, Klitschko has never been afraid to travel.

And he's never demanded an opponent wear gloves with extra padding!
            You need to learn to read more carefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              like who???i want to hear this
              Prime Pacquaio, prime Cotto, prime De La Hoya, prime Mosley, Tszyu, Paul Williams, Margarito, etc.

Duran who started at bantamweight and was much smaller than Floyd fought at middleweight and won a title against a prime opponent. Floyd was afraid to fight Forrest and Wright.

Floyd refused to move up 5 pounds to fight Mosley at 135 (and ducked him again in 2007) yet demanded Hatton move up 7 pounds to fight him in his home town. And Floyd made little JMM move up from 135 to fight him.

Floyd was always such a craven diva.

Comment

Klitschko does exactly the same. Even tells them which hotels to stay at etc.

Theres not much difference.
                I cannot confirm or deny that. I've never heard anything like that before but I do know that the Klitchko's like to have rematch clauses built into contracts, but really, what world champion doesn't? None, if they're smart.
                Last edited by Boxing Goat; 10-13-2015, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I disagree and I suspect many will. But its a personal opinion at the end of the day.
                  So who would you rank above Wladimir at this point? Obviously Louis and Ali, but who else?

P.S. Louis is the greatest all time as far as I'm concerned but Vitali would have mopped the canvas with him, easy.

Comment

No, I said:

You need to learn to read more carefully.
                    but he is demanding Fury wear extra padding

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                      Yea, so does that mean it would have been smart to choose an opponents glove that has less padding? Are we actually saying that Wladimir is smart?

Yea, I think we are.

Not only that, but Floyd has controlled every aspect of his opponents whole fights, including glove brand, etc. for at least a half dozen fights now so you're not really in a position to talk about it.
                      It doesn't matter who made more demands.

You can't make the statment "Wlad never demanded his opponent wear gloves with extra padding" when he has.

And Wlad makes his list of demands anyway. As do most A side fighters. That's just how it is in Boxing and it's not about to change.

Comment

Working...
                      X