No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Gives Hearn Four Possible Names For Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: HBO Gives Hearn Four Possible Names For Carl Froch

Promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport recently held a meeting with HBO, who expressed their interest in having IBF/WBA "regular" super middleweight champion Carl Froch face four possible opponents on their network - including a trilogy with Mikkel Kessler, a rematch with Andre Ward, a battle with IBO/WBA middleweight champion Gennandy Golovkin and former middleweight beltholder Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Hearn told The Daily Telegraph: "We want to keep Carl on Sky Box Office in the UK, and we have three names here in Europe we'd like him to fight. Kessler again, possibly, in a trilogy fight, George Groves, and James DeGale. But I think Groves and DeGale are bigger fights down the line."

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport recently held a meeting with HBO, who expressed their interest in having IBF/WBA "regular" super middleweight champion Carl Froch face four possible opponents on their network - including a trilogy with Mikkel Kessler, a rematch with Andre Ward, a battle with IBO/WBA middleweight champion Gennandy Golovkin and former middleweight beltholder Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Hearn told The Daily Telegraph: "We want to keep Carl on Sky Box Office in the UK, and we have three names here in Europe we'd like him to fight. Kessler again, possibly, in a trilogy fight, George Groves, and James DeGale. But I think Groves and DeGale are bigger fights down the line."

[Click Here To Read More]
    It be funny to see him kick Triple G and JCC Jr's AZZes. especially JCC Jr

Comment

Froch will never beat ward. Hearn says look how he did against kessler and bute. Uhhhh Kessler and bute are not ward. Nobody at 68 will beat ward prob nobody at 75 too.

Comment

Eh, give me Kessler 3

Comment

Kessler 3 it is, then on to Bute Rematch and close your career fighting Ward in the UK!

Comment

I think Hearn is right about letting Groves and/or DeGale marinate and let the two build up their respective resumes first. As for the HBO list, there's one name conspicuously absent: ADONIS STEVENSON. Unless there are firm plans for him to fight Hopkins, why not? If Golovkin's cool with fighting Froch, I'd be for it though I think if he were smart he'd try to take an easier 168 fight first. Chavez Jr. I'm a little meh-about, he should also have a 168 fight otherwise that title shot was basically gift-wrapped

Comment

Chavez Jr would be a war.

Kessler looked physically done. But more importantly his body lanaguage looked like he wants a rest.

GGG may take it TBH. Good fight.

Ward would win.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                Kessler 3 it is, then on to Bute Rematch and close your career fighting Ward in the UK!
                the trilogy bout seems like a waste of time. Sure the second fight was good, but the result wasn't in question and there are a lot more hungry young fighters out there for Froch to face, he can be satisfied with closing that chapter in his career now. As for Bute, there's no reason for him to rematch him at all!

Comment

kessler 3!!

Comment

Then Hearn is ready to pay Ward the big money he wants and set Wembley stadium as a venue... That's what Froch wanted...

Comment

Working...
                    X