Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAO: Rockin'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Rockin's tales, but Christ, he took a right pasting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alonzo Harris View Post
      behave, Rockin can only dream of going 8 rounds.

It's more like Tyson vs spinks.
      8 rounds was common daily work against highly skilled opposition. Galaxy was a tough stable to work in and I stood my ground just fine. essentially harris, you know next to nothing about me. so who the **** are you (long live jimmy the gent)........Rockin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        8 rounds was common daily work against highly skilled opposition. Galaxy was a tough stable to work in and I stood my ground just fine. essentially Harris, you know next to nothing about me. so who the **** are you (long live jimmy the gent)........Rockin'
        Sparring is a lot less physically demanding than an actual fight (there isn't the same tension, pressure and the punches aren't as menacing*) that's why most people spar for 10-12 rounds straight repeatedly in training to prepare themselves to fight in 8 rounders.

(*Unless your fighting Derrick Coleman I presume, That guy was an animal... cage cleaner at a petting zoo)

your right I don't know anything about you And I'm sure your a nice guy in person but on here you **** on other people and their views for no other reason than the fact they didn't get sparked out in a hot minute by Derrick "hands of Limestone" Coleman.

Just a question, If someone was to question your view on boxing who had say a 9-0 record do you think they would say that your opinion was worthless just because they were more successful and/or fought at a higher level than you?
        Last edited by Alonzo Harris; 11-18-2012, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giant Pinas View Post
          Is their absolutely no vids of rockins pro fights?
          This is a ridiculously late reply but I doubt I'll ever get another chance to steal of my fave Annie Jokes again so here goes...

I just looked at Scully's online shop and I didn't see any Betamax copies of "Rockin's greatest hits" anywhere, not even in the sold out section (although there were some cool looking bumper stickers and mixtapes in there) and if he doesn't have a copy quite frankly no one does.

To me that is a shame as I and no doubt the whole of boxingscene would of loved to have watched the god of war that is Rockin,hell I'd have even settled for 24/7 episode of him vs Coleman where they visit Coleman at his job at the bowling alley and discuss the fight as well as tips on how to get Bowling balls ridiculously shiny. then they could go back to Rockin telling his weed dealer he doesn't know **** about Hydro because he never smokes it himself.

ps. sorry if this joke sucks, but I'm pissing myself writing it so fu*k Y'all

Pps. nothing but respect for the Iceman.
          Last edited by Alonzo Harris; 11-18-2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• It's safe to assume that since WBVA doesn't have them, the only people who have Rockin's fights on tape aside from himself are his family and friends.

Believe me - We've all tried tracking them down. I may have found Joseph Freytag on facebook, though.

Comment

• Man discovers cure for cancer.

.....yeah that's great but has he ever overcame the might of Steve 'the baker' Pudwill with a laceless shoe before? Rockin'

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                It's safe to assume that since WBVA doesn't have them, the only people who have Rockin's fights on tape aside from himself are his family and friends.

Believe me - We've all tried tracking them down. I may have found Joseph Freytag on facebook, though.
                I heard a rumour that all of rockin's opponents can be found working in the stockroom of a home depot in Reno, which home depot that is in particular however remains a mystery which sucks because they probably all have a copy of their fights against the god of war, I mean you would film your fight against a future ATG surely?
                Last edited by Alonzo Harris; 11-18-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alonzo Harris View Post
                  Sparring is a lot less physically demanding than an actual fight (there isn't the same tension, pressure and the punches aren't as menacing*) that's why most people spar for 10-12 rounds straight repeatedly in training to prepare themselves to fight in 8 rounders.

Just a question, If someone was to question your view on boxing who had say a 9-0 record do you think they would say that your opinion was worthless just because they were more successful and/or fought at a higher level than you?
                  You obviously never worked with me during that time period. the bell rings and I'm on or pressing you and I didn't stop the pressure until the bell rang again. Round after round........ 8 rounds was routine. I tested everyones heart in that city that I ever encountered.

A man with a 9-0 record has a hell of alot more insight to the sport than a guy who only reads news and watches fights.

I'll listen to anybodies opinion but when they tell me that feinting is just a waste of time I have to laugh. A guy 9-0 I will give more credibility in his opinion over some guy who never fought.I questioned scully when he said that his boy had the right to push his opponents head/body down to the canvas because his opponent was putting his head too low/below the belt. it is what it is.

Welcome to Rockin's Personal Hatred Bandwagon. Jump on, keep your arms and legs inside of the bandwagon at all times. Enjoy the ride and go **** yourself.........Rockin'

Comment

• Christ, he really doesn't get it, does he? (I do love looking out for feints, incidentally).

Alonzo, you nearly made me piss in my pants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                      You obviously never worked with me during that time period. the bell rings and I'm on or pressing you and I didn't stop the pressure until the bell rang again. Round after round........ 8 rounds was routine. I tested everyones heart in that city that I ever encountered.

A man with a 9-0 record has a hell of alot more insight to the sport than a guy who only reads news and watches fights.

I'll listen to anybodies opinion but when they tell me that feinting is just a waste of time I have to laugh. A guy 9-0 I will give more credibility in his opinion over some guy who never fought.I questioned scully when he said that his boy had the right to push his opponents head/body down to the canvas because his opponent was putting his head too low/below the belt. it is what it is.

Welcome to Rockin's Personal Hatred Bandwagon. Jump on, keep your arms and legs inside of the bandwagon at all times. Enjoy the ride and go **** yourself.........Rockin'
                      You didn't test Coleman for 8 rounds...( although he tested your health insurance coverage)

The bolded part of your statement is ridiculous by your logic Charlie Zelenoff knows more about boxing than larry Merchant or Cus D'amato because he fought as a pro,that's just ******ed and that's the point we're trying to make.

I don't think anyone hates you (in fact some of your stories are interesting) it's just some of the things you say such as the bolded make you sound like a mug.

Comment

Working...
                      X