Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 peat Lakers vs Splash bro's and the Dubs who you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    The Blazers and Kings never beat them though lol LA eliminated Portland like 5 out of 6 straight years, and eliminated Sacramento 3 straight years lol The only team that could mess with them were the Spurs. But even LA edged them eliminating them in 2001, 2002, and 2004, while the Spurs got them in 1999 and 2003. The Pistons got them in the finals in 2004, but that was one hell of a team. They went to 6 straight Conference Finals. Had Larry Brown coaching. Had Chauncey, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Richard Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, etc. That was a really great team.

LA went like 15-1 during one of those finals runs too lol They swept a 50 win Portland team with Stoudamire, Bonzi Wells, Rasheed Wallance, older Kemp and Pippen. They swept a 55 win Sacramento team with Webber, Peja, older Divac, and Jason Williams. They swept a 58 win Spurs team with Duncan, Avery Johnson, older David Robinson. They then beat a 56 win Philly team in 5 in the finals with the MVP Iverson and Mutumbo.

They only lost 1 game there lol That's insane. The Kobe-Shaq Lakers are 1 of the 5 greatest teams ever. Along with the 90's Bulls, 80's Lakers, 80's Celtics, etc.
    That old ass Portland team were blowing out the Lakers before old age and questionable refereeing caught up to them in 4th quarter of game 7 it was a miracle the Lakers won that game and the kings were taking Lakers to school ain't no one that watch those series would say LA were the better team

I never seen any ATG teams get blown the fu*k out in 3 games of a 7 game series and Pistons swept them in the finals that 3 peat Lakers team are not on ATG level

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Lol Nevermind that the Lakers beat them the other 2 series too, swept them in one of them.

Don't give me the fixed game stuff with that ref
      It isn't only Kings fans that thought that game 6 of that 2002 WCF was some straight bullshit. Trust me on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        It isn't only Kings fans that thought that game 6 of that 2002 WCF was some straight bullshit. Trust me on this one.
        Bro the ref admitted to it that **** is not conspiracy theory

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Bro the ref admitted to it that **** is not conspiracy theory
          I'm a long suffering Kings fan, bud.

I believe in them all.

Comment

Anyway, voted Dubs in 7.

But really, have to see how the Warriors do this postseason.

They snap it off, well, assuming they win tonight and get the regular season record, they are going to be have to be in the running for among the greatest teams ever.

We shall see.

Comment

Anyway, voted Dubs in 7.

But really, have to see how the Warriors do this postseason.

They snap it off, well, assuming they win tonight and get the regular season record, they are going to be have to be in the running for among the greatest teams ever.

We shall see.
              I disagree the Dubs need to 3 peat in order to be part of the discussion with that Lakers team. They don't even deserve to be mentioned with the Bulls who 3 peated X2. Dubs need to put in more work, going back to back isn't enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Come on Man... View Post
                I disagree the Dubs need to 3 peat in order to be part of the discussion with that Lakers team. They don't even deserve to be mentioned with the Bulls who 3 peated X2. Dubs need to put in more work, going back to back isn't enough.
                That's fine.

Comment

I'm a long suffering Kings fan, bud.

I believe in them all.

Comment

Lol Even if you wanna go that route with that series, what happened the other 2 years we eliminated you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      That old ass Portland team were blowing out the Lakers before old age and questionable refereeing caught up to them in 4th quarter of game 7 it was a miracle the Lakers won that game and the kings were taking Lakers to school ain't no one that watch those series would say LA were the better team

I never seen any ATG teams get blown the fu*k out in 3 games of a 7 game series and Pistons swept them in the finals that 3 peat Lakers team are not on ATG level
                      Lakers got one in that finals bro lol

But yet they won 3 times against that team, but hey they weren't the better team lol woooooo boy and excuses excuses......they beat Portland 5 straight times in the playoffs lol Damon Stoudamire, Bonzi Wells, and Rasheed Wallace were their best players at the time and hardly old. Kemp was a bench player, but decent off the bench and Pippen still played great D.

They went 15-1 in the 2001 Playoffs, against 4 50-58 win teams, one of which had the current league MVP and another which was led by the greatest PF of all time. You think these Warriors go 15-1 in the playoffs against those teams??? I think these Warriors are great, but the Kobe-Shaq Lakers went to 4 finals in 5 years, winning 3. These Warriors have won 1 title so far.

You must not remember or know about the 1986 Lakers, in the middle of their 80's dynasty.....they lost 4-1 to the Houston Rockets in the West Finals, getting beat by double digits twice. Or how about the 1983 Celtics, in the early stages of their great 80's teams, getting swept by Milwaukee, and losing by double digits twice and once by over 20 points. Or the early 70's Lakers with West and Wilt that got blown out 4 times by Milwaukee in the West Finals.

Great teams lose series sometimes. **** happens lol The Kobe-Shaq Lakers only lost series to the great Tim Duncan and the Spurs, but beat them 3 times as well, and the 00's Pistons that went to 6 straight conference finals with Chauncey running the show, Ben Wallace at his peak on D and grabbing 15 boards a game, Tayshaun playing lock down D, Richard Hamilton at his peak dropping 20 a game, and a still productive Rasheed Wallace, Larry Brown on the bench, etc. Those 2000's Pistons had really good teams.

Comment

Working...
                      X