Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Derrick James (Errol Spence Trainer): Amir Khan Is the Most Dangerous Opponent At 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derrick James (Errol Spence Trainer): Amir Khan Is the Most Dangerous Opponent At 147

Rising celebrity trainer, and former professional boxer, Derrick James said on the Boxing Voice Radio Show yesterday that Khan is the most difficult opponent for anyone to face at 147 because of all the combined intangibles which Khan brings to the table. When presented with a conundrum as to which fighter Spence would have most difficulty with - Khan, Thurman or Porter, James was adamant and without hesitation when saying that Khan would present the greatest threat out of three by a considerable degree.

So there we have it.

Interview is about 1 hr into the show: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thaboxingvoiceradio

Congrats!!!!

Comment

In before "he don't know **** about boxing".

Comment

I don't agree, especially when you look at Khan's complete lack of inside fighting, his power is overrated as well. I would love to see Spence/Khan, it'd be a great break out fight for Spence.

Comment

Everyone knows Khan has the tools to cause anyone problems, shame he's got a sensitive stop button on his chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            I don't agree, especially when you look at Khan's complete lack of inside fighting, his power is overrated as well. I would love to see Spence/Khan, it'd be a great break out fight for Spence.
            I imagine it's because Thurman and Porter will be in the pocket to be hit whereas Khan would "hit and run" which is harder to beat stylistically for Spence anyway. His power is basically enough to keep you off, nothing special. However his attack was phenomenal under Roach... Unfortunately he had no defence though

Comment

Sure, if by dangerous you mean most likely to get knocked the **** out at any given moment or if you mean most delusional and overrated.

Comment

Comment

I think Amir would outbox Spence for a few rounds, but Spence does extremely good body work, he would work that body until Khan's feet slow down, then outwork or possibly stop him.

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I think Khan's defense is bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X