Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Adrien Broner beat Marcos Maidana in a rematch? (assuming he gets past Porter)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Maidana is the same fighter then he dominates again.

Broner's terrible footwork, leaky defence and lack of power at 147 are all big problems, not to mention he can't handle Maidana's power.

Unless blowing up in weight has badly affected Maidana, the outcome would be the same.

Comment

Broner definitely beats Maidana at a catch weight of 144+rehydration clause. Maidana got married recently & enjoying life+is heavy as hell right now. Assuming Broner gets past Porter, the Maidana rematch at catch weight would be the best move for him.

Comment

I think if Maidana comes back he won't come back in wlterweight. More likely in sww or middleweight.

Comment

The only reason I'd give him a shot is because I don't think Maidana cares too much about boxing right now. Other than that, no.

Comment

He could because Maidana doesn't seem to give a **** anymore. Who knows if he'd be the same guy or not?

Comment

No. Adrien is way too stationary to cause Maidana problems and Maidana would out hustle and out muscle Adrien again, just like the first fight. That's my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                I think if Maidana comes back he won't come back in wlterweight. More likely in sww or middleweight.
                That would be career suicide..

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  He could because Maidana doesn't seem to give a **** anymore. Who knows if he'd be the same guy or not?
                  He's been on a long long layoff since the Floyd rematch + he's already training just to cut weight..which has to be a good thing considering his next fight hasn't even been announced. He'll come back fresher, it's not like Floyd hurt him or anything in the 2 fights.

Comment

It is pretty hard to say that Maidana will have the same aggression and fire that he showed in that first Broner fight. He showed it in the first Floyd fight but not really the second.

The thing with Broner is him being mouthy, his mouth could give Maidana that extra fire when he should really just let Maidana be mellow and not get him fired up. Normally a pro athlete should not need extra motivation but boxing is funny like that.

Comment

Maidana is pretty fat right now, he will need to fight a tune up then we will see.

Also lets see how Broner handles Porter, I still voted no though. I don't think Broner can beat Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                      X