Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Margarito on his way to stopping Cotto in the Rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
    cotto wasnt fine lmfao.

his face pratically looked the same as it did the first bout just without the blood. and cotto had no more stamina to keep margarito off him.
    Margarito didn't land nearly enough shots to wear down Cotto.
    Last edited by RespekonMyName; 04-06-2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
      One thing I will say about Cotto is that his fans(me included) know him better than most fans know their favourite fighters..... now I could be wrong but I really don't remember Cotto ever doing his signature footwork while backing away that is a tell tale sign to anyone who's seen most of his fights that he is tired/going on the defensive...

What I do remember is Cotto tying Margs up every time he came inside and pushing him back to the ropes. Cotto was 99.99% likely going to win. It would have been 3 rounds of the same IMHO.
      Yes, truth is Cotto was not letting Tony catch him on the ropes sliding away with his hands down, nor was Cotto swallowing his own blood from round 2 onward in the rematch. Cotto gassed out in first fight. He was beyond winded and his body gave out. Breathing through his mouth all night and drinking his own blood certainly did not help him in the first fight. The alleged plaster too, would have been a factor.

Comment

I knew Pez would show up in this thread, .

"Ladies love the salt and pepper look." -Pez

Comment

yes margarito was going to stop him again

Comment

p.s. i have no horse in the race so to speak as I don't care for cotto nor margarito and am not really a fan of either fighter. But I could clearly see the 2nd fight was going the same way of the first, only people that deny this are Cotto fans with an agenda. Margarito looked like he was going to stop Cotto again and probably would have if it wasn't for the Manny Pacquiao damaged eye

Comment

Originally posted by StopCrying... View Post
              Yes, truth is Cotto was not letting Tony catch him on the ropes sliding away with his hands down, nor was Cotto swallowing his own blood from round 2 onward in the rematch. Cotto gassed out in first fight. He was beyond winded and his body gave out. Breathing through his mouth all night and drinking his own blood certainly did not help him in the first fight. The alleged plaster too, would have been a factor.
              I will never know what truly happened in that first fight...... People can shout Kneeguel and call him a quitter .....but I know better.....Anyone with a brain who has seen Cotto's fights know he has no quit in him.... Tony never hurt him half as bad as Torres did.....I still don't know how that wasn't stopped

The ****s so inconsistent.... He also low blowed Judah apparently when he was hurt as well but has never done it before or has done it since....

Comment

Oh look another thread with all sizzle and no steak. The answer is who cares, if Margarito wasn't a complete ****ing dumbass he might have been healthy enough to answer the final bell. Until then, Cotto has left him retired and taking pics with babies and dogs.

Comment

The difference in the 2nd fight as far as Cotto was concerned was that his nose was not busted in round two, they did clash heads that round...Nor was drinking his own blood. Cotto also made sure to stay off the ropes and to clinch/turn Tony in the rematch. Not likely that Margarito would have KO'd Cotto in the last 3 rounds. His punch was not there and Cotto had better legs this time around.

Comment

poll results are shocking. this fight was not close. margarito didn't even win the 9th round, which was the one where his corner kept yelling to the doctors about how it was their best round.

Comment

Yes. and that was a shot to pieces margarito. Marg just has Cotto's number

Comment

Working...
                      X