Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 Olympic Medal P4P List! Australia on Top!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    Try to understand what the phrase 'pound for pound' means.

Actually i do. Its a boxing term used first to describe sugar ray robinson & his greatness & a hypothetical award given to fighters irregardless of weight class.

now wtf does that have to do with who has to the most olympic medals?

Ohh yea you want to use a hypothetical/conjectural term from another sport to warp the argument & not give credit to the U.S.

gotcha.

Comment

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
      Try to understand what the phrase 'pound for pound' means.

No it doesn't

Going off this backwards logic that the number of athletes allowed bears more importance than the total population of a country, Zimbabwe should win more medals than the US at the winter Olympics if they were allowed to bring a few more athletes

Let's just disregard the actual important issues such as funding, or a bigger talent pool to choose from.
      Exactly, having more athletes matters, but it is quality than quantity. However also having a bigger population, you are more likely to find someone that is better too.

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      So you agree Grenada is the most athletic country on Earth and must have the best athletes?

Britain Sends Most Athletes to 2012 Olympics
      Fails to win most golds or overall medals
      Declare themselves 2nd place winners of Olympics

derp.
      No one said Britain said they were the best or 2nd best. Stop chatting bull**** son.

Australia is the best, better than America.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
        Actually i do. Its a boxing term used first to describe sugar ray robinson & his greatness & a hypothetical award given to fighters irregardless of weight class.

Ohh yea you want to use a hypothetical/conjectural term from another sport to warp the argument & not give credit to the U.S.

gotcha.
        How about it was not an attack on the US but a big uo the smaller nations.

The guy in the video is an American and seems proud of the US too.

Comment

Originally posted by OlympicGlory View Post
          How about it was not an attack on the US but a big uo the smaller nations.

The guy in the video is an American and seems proud of the US too.
          stop frontin. you know exactly what you are doing you butt hurt british alt. Trying to masquerade "big up to smaller nations" but in reality its another i hate america thread.

you earl hickey or inferno? probably demise.

You're lucky we saved your arse in WW2 otherwise you would be saying god save adolf instead of god save the queen.

Comment

you notice how its always a brit starting threads about screw the U.S., U.S. suck, U.S. this U.S. that then they have american sigs, american avis, their favorite shows are american, bumping american music in their profile page yet they always hate on the U.S.

U.S. has no problems embracing british stars & we always roll out the red carpet for them. They however do. British inferiority complex rears its ugly head again.
            Did I say anything negative in my first post? Hell no fool, it was positive until you ladies cried. Then I defended myself.

Originally posted by Check View Post
            If you went by your theory though, the US would have to win what......150 medals? It's impossible to achieve all to secure some mythological thing like some p4p status. The United States is far and away the most successful and most dominant nation in the history of athletics. I think most people realize this and that's all that honestly matters. I'm not trying to toot my horn, I'm going off real numbers, not some math problem that factors in the couch potatoes.
            Again read my post on population. Some populations are like 3 to 5 million, to get 10% or even more to have the same amount who train in a sport or field as say China does in Table Tennis is impossible. There may be more who play basketball in America than a whole population. It does matter.

Also China sent 160 or so less than the US for London 2012, so does that mean if you look at how close it was, now if someone does the Maths, is China able to surpass the US on how many entered?

Originally posted by Check View Post
            People will always hate the very best, it's just in their nature to big up their agendas. When they get over that, pay respect, and realize that being number 1 isn't everything they will certainly be much happier. Congrats to Australia on a good Olympics but to say they are p4p and had they had equal amount of population that that would mean they would of accomplished 104 medals is absurd.
            I am not saying that they would get 104, who knows what would be possible, but they still did pretty well.

As the guy in the video states, even a University of 4 K won't compete with a Uni of 1 K. It's a system used in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              So you agree Grenada is the most athletic country on Earth and must have the best athletes?

Britain Sends Most Athletes to 2012 Olympics
              Fails to win most golds or overall medals
              Declare themselves 2nd place winners of Olympics

derp.
              No. America are the most athletic country and have the best athletes for reasons already disclosed.

Dunno why you've repeated yourself with your last 3 lines, maybe because you know you're in the wrong, I'm not sure. refer yourself to my point about Zimbabwe for a response.

gotcha.
              The phrase 'pound for pound' has nothing to do with who has the most Olympic medals, that's why it was odd when you posted an overall medal table. Because it was completely irrelevant to the thread topic.

I didn't use the term, that was the OP and you.... and I haven't even discussed the US. Again, the thread topic doesn't revolve around the US, don't assume so.

Comment

stop frontin. you know exactly what you are doing you butt hurt british alt. Trying to masquerade "big up to smaller nations" but in reality its another i hate america thread.

you earl hickey or inferno? probably demise.

You're lucky we saved your arse in WW2 otherwise you would be saying god save adolf instead of god save the queen.
                Frontin? Mofo I am paying respects to the smaller nations, being a descendant from one myself fool.

Stop hating the smaller nation's. We know you are a hater who refuses to give props to the small nation's. I didn;t even see you say anything positive. At least Check said well done to australia.

The only hater is you.

Oh and the british gave you your language, thank them for it. The british also saved you from getting owned by the viet cong.

Oh and I am none of them, don't even know who inferno is fool

Comment

I talked about the positivity of the smaller nation's and get attacked by 3 american's. I feel like an A rab.

Comment

Frontin? Mofo I am paying respects to the smaller nations, being a descendant from one myself fool.

Stop hating the smaller nation's. We know you are a hater who refuses to give props to the small nation's. I didn;t even see you say anything positive. At least Check said well done to australia.

The only hater is you.

Oh and the british gave you your language, thank them for it. The british also saved you from getting owned by the viet cong.

Oh and I am none of them, don't even know who inferno is fool

1. show me where i hated on another small nation.

thanks in advance.

2. join date august. 3 billion points.

3. stone roses?

4. have the balls to post in your original account.

Comment

I talked about the positivity of the smaller nation's and get attacked by 3 american's. I feel like an A rab.

I wasn't attacking you, chief.

Comment

Working...
                      X