Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Wlad break Joe Louis's 25 title defenses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Wlad break Joe Louis's 25 title defenses?

Wlad should have a good chance of breaking Joe Louis's 25 title defenses record, their is no one who could beat him right now, the only way he doesn't break the record is a injury, I think he will be on top for atleast a couple more years. We will have to see if someone can step up and dethrone this boxing machine.

well the division is utter ****.but he needs to fight more often to get there.take a fight every 3 months.not like hes taking any damage

Comment

So let me get this straight.

HEY Thread starter let me get this straight. So basically a more cautious, less explosive, less slick, less skilled, baby junior varisty version of prime Lennox Lewis is now considered a boxing machine and a ATG?

So this makes Lennox what? Boxing God?

Comment

LAMAR ODOM can go play in Division one College Basketball and break every record ever written or recorded. That still don't make him michael jordan.

Also Wlad and Vitali are incredibly young versions of 35 and 40 because the people they fight are not even garbage, their sub garbage status. If Wlad and Vitali had to go through a non stop line of big punchers and AT LEAST B LEVEL fighters, their bodies will be slowed big time by now and shot to pieces.

Comment

He'd have to fight much more often than 2 to 3 times a year. Not likely.

Comment

I don't see anyone beating him, but he needs to be way more active.

Comment

Depends on how one approaches the record. First, important to note, the record is consecutive defenses. Overall defenses, I think, belongs to Chavez for all of boxing. As lineal champ, he's 21 from tying and 22 from breaking. As just IBF champ, he's 14 from tying and 15 from breaking.

Considering he fights about 2 times a year, sometimes 1, that puts him about seven years and change from the mark. That's barring injury and a desire to do something else in life.

The odds are heavily stacked against.

Comment

It won't count. Joe made 25 defences of the undisputed, linear title. There were no other champions to fight the punchers for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
                  Wlad should have a good chance of breaking Joe Louis's 25 title defenses record, their is no one who could beat him right now, the only way he doesn't break the record is a injury, I think he will be on top for atleast a couple more years. We will have to see if someone can step up and dethrone this boxing machine.

With all these bums in the heavyweight division i`ll be surprised if he don`t break louis`s record.If Joe Louis was fighting in this era and the Klitscho`s was`nt Joe Louis would have had three times the title defense and retired undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
                    With all these bums in the heavyweight division i`ll be surprised if he don`t break louis`s record.If Joe Louis was fighting in this era and the Klitscho`s was`nt Joe Louis would have had three times the title defense and retired undefeated.
                    Klitschkos would have beaten Joe Louis and Rocky Marciano in the same night

Comment

Working...
                    X