No announcement yet.

Stretch exercises for boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretch exercises for boxing

Hi, i have a short question, which stretch exercises do i need to do and are the most important for boxing?

i always feel that warming up is better than stretching. u stretch after a workout, not before. and i have had this confirmed by people i learn from.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostFighter View Post
      Hi, i have a short question, which stretch exercises do i need to do and are the most important for boxing?
      running, running, more running, ab work, pushups, pullups/chinups, more ab work, dips, more ab work and running.

I know it sounds funny but u need to build your body up. U have to be used to being on your legs and possibly taking puishment while not tiring too quick so you can inflict your own.

Stretch lightly before you aork out to warm up and do an in depth stretch regimen after your workout

Comment

Never stretch before your warm up. ever freeze a rubber band and then try to stretch it? stretch after you warm up and after your done exercising. warm up would be walking for 5 mins or something easy like that for maybe even more then 5 mins.

if your lifting weights i would recommend stretching the muscle thats being worked between each set for at least 20 seconds if not 3 sets of 20 seconds.

Comment

always stretch b4 u exericse because u could pull somethin
          trust me its happen to me many times
          i also stretch after

Comment

I agree always stretch before and after training.Hold stretch for roughly 15 secs before training.30 secs after training.

Comment

No, warm up before do some light jogging or step aerobics, get all your body moving. Stretch when warming down or inbetween excersizes if you can feel anything tightening.

Comment

You could do some light jogging and light stretching as well .

Comment

Move around a little to loosen up your muscles. Walk or jog in place, lightly bounce on your toes for 5 minutes first, then do your stretches. It is Equally important to stretch before and after your workout.

Comment

Jump rope then shadow box to warm the muscles up then some light streching and your good to go

Comment

Working...
                    X