Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is an Opponent Considered Leftovers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
    depends on the context
    obviously a string of losses means a fighter's best days are ending but sometimes it cna just be one fight

If fighter A is holding out on fighting fighter B then fighter B takes a bad loss and fighter A is suddenly ready... He's picking leftovers

even if he wasn't physically hurt everyone knows losing psychs you out
    It may to a point, but when the loss is close and the crowd thinks you won and deep down inside, you know you won, I think that is not scarring as much as an all out defeat. It may mean you try not to fight in another guy's hometown. But you still have confidence in yourself. Like the first fight with Malignaggi and Diaz. He was sure he won the fight even though he did not get the decision. Could never call him Diaz's leftovers.

When De La Hoya lost to Mayweather, I don't think Oscar was leftovers at that point. He always felt like he won anyway. After Pac, well, he would have been leftovers had he fought anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
      Haha. Mayweather did not make leftovers out of anybody. He would never put his fists through that kind if abuse.
      Hatton ......

Comment

I think Margarito was leftovers after the Mosley fight. That was a beat down through and through.
        yes this is true but truly he was leftovers after Pacquiao destroyed his eye....

Haha. Mayweather did not make leftovers out of anybody. He would never put his fists through that kind if abuse.
        He did a # on Judah that's for sure he did some damage to Diego Corrales but I do not think Ricky Fatton ever recovered from that CHECK HOOK!!!

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
        Hatton ......
        PAC made quick work of Hatton but some could argue that check left hook did him in.......GuNzZ

Comment

A one sided victory i.e getting knocked out or dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
            yes this is true but truly he was leftovers after Pacquiao destroyed his eye....

He did a # on Judah that's for sure he did some damage to Diego Corrales but I do not think Ricky Fatton ever recovered from that CHECK HOOK!!!

PAC made quick work of Hatton but some could argue that check left hook did him in.......GuNzZ
            Yeah, that's a good point. Hatton never was the same. Still, the way Pac destroyed him was impressive regardless.

Comment

Working...
            X