Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No idea how margarito got his license to box.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No idea how margarito got his license to box.

He definitely received some permanent damage from the exorbitant amount of punishment he took from pacquaio, and it will not heal anytime soon. His eye was worse than its ever been sans the pacquaio fight by the 3rd round point. This mans ability to take punishment is his defense, and while he still has his chin, his eye will get damaged from any sort of contact, and lets be honest with his injury he has no business in the boxing ring.

I have no idea how he passed an eye exam, corruption in the sport for you.

Comment

I just didn't like the doctor's rationale for stopping it. He didn't seem like a fight doctor to me, especially when he said something along the lines of "It would be safer for him if the fight was stopped because he couldn't see out of the eye"...NO SHIAT it would be safer! It would be safer if he wasn't a prizefighter too! My problem with that is the most special moments in boxing happen when a ref/doctor/corner maybe should have stopped the fight, and the fighter defies all odds and drastically changes the course of the fight. Marg was still coming forward and he should have been given another round. With that being said he can thank Robert Garcia for being a terrible trainer and not throwing in the towel against pacquiao.

Comment

The eye is done, but Cotto fought on his bike. I was laughing the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by welcometosaigon View Post
          I just didn't like the doctor's rationale for stopping it. He didn't seem like a fight doctor to me, especially when he said something along the lines of "It would be safer for him if the fight was stopped because he couldn't see out of the eye"...NO SHIAT it would be safer! It would be safer if he wasn't a prizefighter too! My problem with that is the most special moments in boxing happen when a ref/doctor/corner maybe should have stopped the fight, and the fighter defies all odds and drastically changes the course of the fight. Marg was still coming forward and he should have been given another round. With that being said he can thank Robert Garcia for being a terrible trainer and not throwing in the towel against pacquiao.
          I agree, Garcia ruined him.

He wasn't showing any signs of turning the fight around against Pacquiao. It made no sense to let him continue.

Comment

Bob Arum lol.

It is odd that he was allowed to fight when you think how easily his eye swelled up.

Comment

All Garcia had to say was make a double step to right everytime Cotto backs up.

Comment

they fixed up margarito enough to get him cleared for a cotto fight ,and his last payday as well.
                there never was any other agenda out there - imo. particularly when you consider the fact that they jumped straight to a cotto title fight without any serious tune ups. i think they all knew very well that the eye couldn't take a lot of punishment.
                so alright the cotto fans got the winner, margarito fans were not humiliated, and all involved got big paydays. the fight of the damaged goods ended with a loss of the more damaged goods.
                i think cotto has got a good win now and is still in the game to score another big fight - i'd not be surprised if they make pac-cotto II.

Comment

The second that eye started to swell up in the early rounds I was thinking the exact same thing. NYSAC is a joke.

Comment

Because Bob Arum has Connections and he PAYS PEOPLE OFF TO GET HIS WAY!

Comment

Working...
                    X