No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erik Morales' Trainer: We'll Beat Matthysse' Youth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erik Morales' Trainer: We'll Beat Matthysse' Youth

José "Olivaritos" Morales, father and coach of former three division champion Erik "Terrible" Morales, said his son had the proper training at the Otomi Ceremonial Center and should be fully capable of winning a fourth divisional world title in on September 17 in Las Vegas against Argentina's Lucas Matthysee front.

[Click Here To Read More]

Morrales is a savage, a man in a divas sport but Mattysse is beating the **** out of him & yes, it hurts to admit that.

Comment

I agree. The sole reason why Maidana defeated Erik Morales in their bout, because he was by far the busier and more active of the two boxers. Likewise, Mattysse must do the same. Unless he stops Morales or just simply display the same amount of heart, against the aging Morales, as Maidana did, by being the busier and much active figher, while eating a lot of punches in the process, then he could very well lose another decision; As were in the cases in the Zab Judah and Devon Alexander bouts. The only reason why Mattysse lost those fights despite scoring knockdowns in them both was because of his low punch volume and not nearly being as aggressive or pressing the action as much as he should have. Instead, he chose to box with them, in an attempt to land that one perfect solid punch to the end those fights and that strategy backfired. This time, he has to be willing, to take more risks and release his hands more against Erik in order to win.

Comment

unlike alexander or judah, morales has much heart. fought maidana hard for 12 rounds with 1 eye. that was heart, any less of a man would have crumbled.

Comment

war morales this would be a classic. i hope el terrible doesnt get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by THE JUGGLER View Post
            war morales this would be a classic. i hope el terrible doesnt get hurt.
            Me too. Matthyse is much better than maidana. Morales hasn't looked good in years. Ican never foget those losses to raheem and diaz and matthyse is a better, tougher fighter at this point.

Comment

Working...
            X