Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Bernard Hopkins Be Regarded As the Best P4P Fighter If He Beats Dawson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell no. Dawson isn't that big of a scalp. But in the top ten, yes.

Comment

top 5 yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
        Hopkins is hard to place P4P wise because after Pavlik he took a year off before fighting Ornales which did nothing for him. Then he had his boring fight with Roy Jones which did nothing for him. 8 months later he finally took on another credible fighter, but only managed a draw (even though he did enough to win) and a draw does nothing for me.

So basically since Pavlik he only has 1 win that means anything and is only fighting an average of once ever eight months.

If he comes back and beats Dawson he is solid top 5. If he follows his plans and somehow beats Bute after that, then it gets interesting cause that is a strong 3 fight run.
        Which is why a win over Dawson wouldn't do it. Now if he beat Dawson then another credible opponent, then most likely yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          I really don't pay too much mind to pfp.it's doctored up & opinionated.But I will say that him beating Dawson further solidifies my own belief that B-Hop......is.........indeed........the ............greatest.........of........the......ac tive.........fighters!!
          that would settle all doubt unless pac or floyd beat sergio....

excellent post sir, far better than the one where you said dre ward is the most talented fighter right now

Comment

Dawson not only lost but looked bad in his last fight. I am a Hopkins fan but he wanted no part of Chad until he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
              that would settle all doubt unless pac or floyd beat sergio....

excellent post sir, far better than the one where you said dre ward is the most talented fighter right now
              But that's my opinion.He's 1 fight away from cleaning out 1 of boxing's deepest divisions.Considering that greater fighters refuse to do anything remotely similar,means he has talent in abundance to me bro.

Comment

But that's my opinion.He's 1 fight away from cleaning out 1 of boxing's deepest divisions.Considering that greater fighters refuse to do anything remotely similar,means he has talent in abundance to me bro.
                2 fights away. and he has a ways to go cuz he really only beat one fighter that's better than a b- at smw

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  2 fights away. and he has a ways to go cuz he really only beat one fighter that's better than a b- at smw
                  Bute??For real??

Comment

Pacquaio already is also one fight from cleaning out the division which is Ortiz unless floyd comes back in retirement. Just because pacquaio and floyd both made fighters look so bad that they get dropped by the top 5 at 147 or force them to move up in weight. Then again you have hidden agenda against pacquaio and floyd. And please dont bring up berto because i never liked berto and alway felt he was a paper champ since he never in his career beat a top 10 welterweight, add the fact he was cherry picking 140 fighters and moving up to 147 until it backfired on him when he cherry picked ortiz after ortiz quit against maidana and had a draw against Peterson.

And also Hopkins has both Dawson and Cloud to fight before he cleans out LHW. A

Comment

Originally posted by victorythagr8 View Post
                      Pacquaio already is also one fight from cleaning out the division which is Ortiz unless floyd comes back in retirement. Just because pacquaio and floyd both made fighters look so bad that they get dropped by the top 5 at 147 or force them to move up in weight. Then again you have hidden agenda against pacquaio and floyd. And please dont bring up berto because i never liked berto and alway felt he was a paper champ since he never in his career beat a top 10 welterweight, add the fact he was cherry picking 140 fighters and moving up to 147 until it backfired on him when he cherry picked ortiz after ortiz quit against maidana and had a draw against Peterson.

And also Hopkins has both Dawson and Cloud to fight before he cleans out LHW. A
                      Yeah,the post U quoted has nothing to do with B-Hop.You think Pacman is the most skilled fighter,good for u.He has amazing power,but couldn't cut off the ring & allowed a shot Mosley to go the distance with him,whatever.

Comment

Working...
                      X